“Good Variety, Fast Service, Fair Prices”

Wall Drug Store Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Wall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Wall Drug is one of the largest roadside attractions in the world! With seating available for up to 520 in the Cafe! We are set up for large groups, families with children, and tour groups. With twenty different shops that cater to any of your shopping desires.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our family of four (2 adults, 2 children) stopped by at our recent trip to the Black Hills. The cafe was one of the many food choices. Glad we chose the cafe- good variety for all and the line moved quickly. Recommend their famous open face roast beef over bread w/ mashed potatoes and gravy. My son raved about the 1/2 lb hotdog and my daughter loved her cheeseburger. Large desserts (wife wasn't that impressed with blueberry pie however). Good place for a meal and fair prices.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Good thing I discovered them at the end of my stay in Wall. The best dunkers I have had in a long, long time and the chocolate covered were just divine. Made my own donut sundae with Wall Drug chocolate ice cream and a donut. Someone needs to tell them them need to offer Donut Sundaes at the ice cream bar. Would have loved some strawberries on top. And a little whipped cream. Yup. I would return just for that.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went here because it seemed to something like South of the Border in SC - have to see once. Cheesy operation - not in a bad way - more of local character way. Cafe is basically grilled/fried food or line/cafeteria food - high volumes of it - super crowded, bathrooms dirty. We had burgers, grilled chicken sandwich, roast beef and mashed potatoes, onion rings - all okay. They ran out of ketchup in the keg o' ketchup station. Attached stores have a lot of crap for sale, but it's fun to look. There is free street parking. It was during Sturgis biker rally, so it was fun to walk the main street and see the bikes and people after we ate. Go here to say you went - that's about it.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I had not heard of this place but due to my husband hearing it was a "thing to do" in the area I was interested. I LOVE the story behind this place. Enjoyed reading about the original couple that got it started. It is really interesting that they were worried whether they could make it a success and now I think Wall Drug is almost bigger than the town! I enjoyed the nostalgic billboards that were strategically placed for miles in all directions. They certainly offered something to look at while driving for sooooo many miles. My family enjoyed the overall experience. The 5 cent coffee was something I've never experienced. We enjoyed drinking the ice water and thinking about how that was what made it a success. The food was cafeteria quality but the overall experience was neat. Loved the hungary dinosaur attraction. I hope Wall Drug stays in existence for at least another 100 years and it would really be cool if it remained in their family. It's worth a stop to see!

2  Thank Bransonisfun
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Thought the pot roast was OK but the desserts were awesome and the prices were fair. Very cool place to check out

Been to Wall Drug Store Cafe? Share your experiences!