“Good food, great coffee & donuts”

Wall Drug Store Cafe
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Wall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Wall Drug is one of the largest roadside attractions in the world! With seating available for up to 520 in the Cafe! We are set up for large groups, families with children, and tour groups. With twenty different shops that cater to any of your shopping desires.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We make the Wall Drug Cafe a regular stop on our travels to and from the Black Hills. We've had the buffet for breakfast and also have ordered from the menu for lunch and dinner. My husband enjoys the breakfast buffet but it is not my favorite. The buffet food is always lukewarm at best. However I have really enjoyed the things that I've ordered off of the menu for lunch and dinner. My favorite is the open faced hot roast beef sandwich that comes with real mashed potatoes. They also make very good burgers and fries. We enjoy the ambiance of the dining rooms with the hundreds of paintings and stained glass windows. The coffee is very good, strong and very cheap at 5 cents a cup. Their donuts are wonderful also, I can only speak for the plain ones, but they are my favorite treat from Wall Drug. When they're fresh they have an almost crispy outside! We usually get a dozen to go, they're at their best when they're only a day or two old, but that's no problem because my family can make them disappear quickly.

There are newer reviews for Wall Drug Store Cafe

Reviewed June 23, 2013

After an afternoon in Badlands National Park, we stopped in to Wall Drug for a quick dinner. Food was ok, nothing special. Your typical tourist attraction quality food. Cafe and restrooms were adequately clean. The attraction itself is kitschy tourist trap, but the kids enjoyed the "backyard" area with things to climb on and water features to play in. Don't go expecting a fabulous meal, but it will fill you up and get you back on the road. The staff was on the young and disrespectful side for sure, I asked a simple questions and got a totally snide response from a young woman working in the dining room.

The donuts were the best part of the trip, they were incredible!

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The menu was limited and the food tasted like cafeteria food. Low quality and ok in a pinch. It's a tourist hotspot so don't expect much. The overall experience is fun but plan to eat somewhere else.

1  Thank Wandbtravels
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had breakfast here while visiting the drug store. They do have the advertised 5 cent coffee. We had the donuts and biscuts/gravy. They were good. Nothing exceptional, but made for a decent meal. The workers didn't act like they cared much, but it was early in the morning.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Probably a good stop for families with children as they seem to have a lot of playground amusements. It was worth seeing for the novelty. The ice cream was good.