“Tasty Indian Taco and Excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Red Rock Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Wall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Springfield, Oregon
“Tasty Indian Taco and Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had been on the road for almost three weeks and it had gotten so that many menus seemed to offer the same entrees day after day until we got to the Red Rock Restaurant in South Dakota. Although they did offer some of the usual steak and broasted chicken dinners, they also had a selection of Mexican entrees and I spotted an Indian Taco. So, I asked the waitress about it and she explained that an Indian taco was the usual taco ingredients served open-faced atop Indian fry bread. So I decided to give it a try. It was quite tasty topped with sour cream and salsa. It was normally served with potato rounds but I requested hashbrowns instead and they were quite good, too. I wish I had been hungrier as I had to leave about a third of the generous serving.

My husband ordered broasted chicken and commented that the mashed potatoes and gravy were quite good and were made with "real" potatoes instead of instant. The meal came with a serving of their soup and salad bar that had a nice selection of salads and the potato cheese soup looked really good too.

I noticed that even though it was almost 8 o'clock by the time we got checked into our hotel and went to the restaurant, it was quite busy with what appeared to be many of the locals - always a good sign of a restaurant serving popular food.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Princeton, New Jersey
“Best Restaurant in Wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I ate here 3 or 4 times over a week. The food was always pretty good, and the staff is friendly and attentive.

I wish that they were open for breakfast, as breakfast options in Wall are pretty limited if you like a sit down restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JLE-Travels-a-lot
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The salad bar tasted good but that is about it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife ordered the fish and it was like the old Van Camps frozen fish fillets. I am a big fish fan and I couldn't eat it as it was pretty bad. The salad bar, though limited, was tasty. The rest of my meal was pretty tasteless. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. Extremely expensive for what you get. I would go back if I could just eat the salad. Not much to pick from in Wall but a subway or fast food would have been a better choice.

Springfield, Missouri
“Pretty good meal, pies, too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived rather late in Wall, having driven all day. However, we walked to this restaurant, and there were plenty of people still eating, and some take-out orders were being prepared, as well. Food was good, service friendly, and we had some pretty good pie for afters. Nothing exceptional, but certainly no complaints.

Evansville, Wisconsin
“Pricey for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were staying in Wall visiting the Badlands - thought we would give this little restaurant a try rather than go into Rapid City - or elsewhere - but after we received our food - thought maybe we should have traveled further. The kids food was ok - burrito and hamburger and fries, but our "Cod" fish dinners were nothing more than frozen commercially packaged fish. Definitely not a Wisconsin fish fry.

1 Thank Kathy M