“I'd stay here again”
Review of Econo Lodge Wall

Econo Lodge Wall
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff was WONDERFUL! They were friendly and greeted you with a smile. My son got sick while we were on vacation and they were so accomodating. They made no fuss when I asked for a late checkout so he could rest. When we checked out, they asked how he was feeling. The room was very spacious and very clean. The outdoor pool was nice too, with lounge chairs and patio tables and chairs. We all enjoyed their breakfast, especially the biscuts and gravy. They have a nice breakfast area by the pool, so you can enjoy the beautiful outdoors. I would definately stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you plan on staying at this hotel, you'll want to either call ahead for a room or get there e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Deb D, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Wall, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on be courteous and having clean rooms. Hopefully the next time you stay with us your son will be feeling better.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to lay your head that is clean and quiet, this place will do. If you are looking for a ***** hotel, this is not it.

My wife and in were very impressed on the cleanliness of the room (especially the bathroom). Sure the sheets are the old style motel sheets and the TV is older and if those things are important to you then Wall is not a place for you to rest. What this location does have is a refrigerator, microwave and a quiet night sleep.

Within walking distance to Wall Drug and the rest of Wall, SD.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Wolzerman

Thanks for staying with us. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms. We hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The beds were comfortable and the room seemed clean. They left the Light on for me after I drove along time at night. I brought earplugs because I figured people would be up early with kids and starting cars and motorcycles etc.Television and internet worked. Air conditioner was louder but worked. The lady whom I spoke to when getting reservations told me the pool was closed but, I didn't care it was just a place to sleep. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Econolodge. Please stop in again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I know Econo Lodge is a budget minded hotel. But the last few I have been in have been very run down or disgusting. This one isn't run down but our room smell as though some one used the room as a urnial. the place was packed and there were no vacancies. Its a high tourest sight so places go fast. I don't mind the lack of frills but why can't they keep the places clean? I would not recommend this place to anyone. Reason they got 2 stars is if you can ignore the smell it was actually one of the cleaner and upkept ones I have been in lately. Choice you need to start cracking down on your budget minded motels!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are so sorry that there was a smell in your room. Did you let the front desk know so they could do something about the smell? Sometimes, even if the room is clean, they can develop a smell. It could have been from the air conditioner or the water. We have things that help with different smells. Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

While driving to Mount Rushmore we decided to spend the night in Wall. (don't do it). All the the motels in Wall appear to be much like Econo Lodge though I only saw the inside of this one. The main thing I can say it is a place to sleep. The room seemed clean. The location for breakfast buffet is in small room by pool, We didn't eat the complimentary breakfast as it as wall just carbs and fat. Choices included cereal, bisquits and gravy and some pastries.
I would say don't spend the night in Wall. Wall Drug can be a relatively quick stop and find a place in a different location

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are sorry that you were disappointed in your stay with us. Our staff takes pride in having clean rooms and good customer service. The breakfast is just a continental and is similar to what the other motels in town serve. Thanks for your comments and we appreciate the response.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Got there after an 11 hour drive and my kid was SO excited to go swimming, and yeah, pools broke. No water. No hope. No idea about this even though there website says there is a pool and when I called to inquire about my reservation I was not told. The front desk lady when we checked in was also very snotty and honesty didn't care that our kid wanted to go swimming. She said she wasn't responsible for what the website says about there motel (really?). Room is bigger but I also didn't know that the room has an outside entry and you have to cross the lot to get to breakfast in the morning. Also were this hotel is located (and others) you have to listen to a lot of noise from the busy street outside. Everything is run down, very old and things like the air in our room kept kicking off when it wasn't cold enough and the cable didn't work (which was resolved later). I have to say though the breakfast overall was good quality and the beds in our room where extremely comfortable. We slept good and were only there one night.

Room Tip: They are outside entry room and you have to cross the lot to get to breakfast. First floor is way mo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thriftytraveller37

We apologize that our pool was not working in the beginning of the summer. Those were circumstances out of our control. We understand how much kids like having a pool and we would have been happy to find you a motel with a working pool. There is no on onsite that manages our website so we don't have the dates our pool is open on the website. You also should have been told when you called our motel.

We do have outdoor entrances to our rooms that can be seen on our website. Our air conditioners get used a lot so they often need to be changed out. I hope you let the front desk know so it could be replaced for you.

I am glad that you liked our beds and you had a good night sleep.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

What a hole! Not worth the price. Old. Beat up. Rundown. Just janky and nasty. The decor, linens, beds...all original. The picture of the sparkling pool?? Don't let it fool ya! The pool was bone dry and it is june and 90 degrees out! How lame! The door had such a crack under it that a dang mouse coulda slid in to sleep with us. The linoleum in the bathroom was so yellow and old I thought I was in a nightmare. We stayed at econo lodge in rochester minnesota the night before and it was super clean, updated~amazing! So we booked at this econo hoping for the best! The coffee tasted like poison and it was just janky. Save your money and sleep in your car!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank TLRoo
Deb D, General Manager at Econo Lodge Wall, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

We are sorry that your stay with us was unpleasant. We continue to work on maintence an upgrades. Our staff works hard to keep the rooms clean. We also apoligize for the pool. We had guest damage the pool and we are waiting for the repairman.

I hope you also expresses your concerns to the front desk so they could be addressed. Thanks for your input.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground
Super 8 Wall
Super 8 Wall
#4 of 11 in Wall

Been to Econo Lodge Wall? Share your experiences!