“Can't Go Wrong”
Review of Days Inn Wall

Days Inn Wall
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Very friendly staff; clean rooms; free wifi - can't go wrong! Given the choices in Wall, I'm pretty sure this one is at the top. The prices are a little steep for a Day's Inn ($107 on hotels.com), but I think that's just what happens when you're in the middle of nowhere, South Dakota.

I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jakester24
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Wall

Reviewed June 13, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for two consecutive nights while visiting Badlands National Park. The room was very nice, although we did have some minimal noise from water running in adjacent rooms and the sound of doors slamming as people went in and out of their rooms. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The bathroom was well-maintained and sized appropriately for adults. There was a mini fridge and microwave in the room, which we appreciated.

The free breakfast was OK. Choices included fresh apples, cold cereal or instant oatmeal, orange juice, coffee, hard-boiled eggs, toast, toaster waffles, and donuts. The eating area was cramped, especially when more than a few people were there, but it was clean and inviting. Breakfast starts at seven o'clock in the morning, which felt a bit late for travelers wanting to get an early start.

The hotel is within walking distance to all of the restaurants in town and to Wall Drug. One restaurant is located on the other side of the parking lot. The hotel is also close to gas stations, and it is easy to get to and from I-90. This would be an excellent choice for people driving though South Dakota on I-90.

One thing I found odd was that there were several drop boxes for keys: at both main doors and at the front desk. When I checked out, I personally handed the room keys to the person at the desk and she gave me a surprised look. Was I supposed to sneak out the back, clandestinely dropping the keys into a box on the way out? Usually at hotels there is a little more interaction with the staff: "How was your stay?" "Were there any problems with the room?" "Where are you going next?" and that sort of thing.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Pferdina
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Stayed here for three days on business. There isn't much choice in Wall but the Days Inn was quite nice for its class. The rooms are clean and have all the basic amenities, plus a mini fridge and microwave. The hotel is quite close to the interstate but there's so little traffic overnight that the road noise was minimal (and I'm a light sleeper). The hotel itself was also quiet while we were there. There was no cage around the check-in desk, it was just a typical office with cut-through window arrangement.

If you're nervous about ground room floors, make sure to request a second floor room. The ground floor rooms are directly adjacent to the parking area and people walk past your window sometimes. The windows lock and you can even crack the window open and lock it in that position, so it wasn't a problem for me, but a heads up in case that is a problem for you.

We never had the continental breakfast (Wall Drug has good breakfasts) but it looked adequate.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Shadeaumarie
Reviewed September 24, 2007

I arrived late evening during one of the busiest times of year and got the last room. I wanted to be near the park entrance to the South Dakota Badlands s and the hotel is just about 15 minutes away. My room was immaculately clean and comfortable and that is what is important to me.

I checked out very early 5 am to catch the beatiful sunrise. When I arrived at my next port of call after a 10 hour drive, I realized I'd left the power supply for my computer at the hotel. I called and sure enough they had it at the front desk. They were able to send it to me very quickly. In my opinion, the staff were excellent and went out of their way to help. I was most impressed with the male manager. Very helpful and kind. I would definately stay there again and I loved the Badlands.

N., Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank nvictoria
Reviewed August 24, 2006

We only stayed one night. It was kind of a dive. We checked in at night, and the front desk clerk is behind some sort of cage thing. The room furnishings were worn and needed updating. The rest of the motels in Wall didn't look much better. Wall Drug was great, but don't stay in Wall. It's a very small town. There is nothing there except Wall Drug and the Badlands. We couldn't find a late-night restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lv92900
Reviewed August 18, 2006

We stayed here on 7/23/06 and found this to be a surpisingly nice hotel. The rooms and everything about it is on the small side but absolutely clean and neat. The breakfast was limited but very good. Ac worked well and was quiet, good TV selections. The mattress was a little soft, but overall a great value.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank BertinGeneva
Reviewed May 14, 2006

Wow! I was shocked at the value of the room we received for how little we paid ($51 for one night). The room was up to date and sparkling clean! The innkeeper was very nice and friendly. She even let us tie up our bikes overnight on their railings. Talk about accommodating! We stayed there over a weekend and there was a small buffet breakfast in the morning (bagels, toast, donuts) and coffee. The room was very quiet and very dark during the night. I didn't hear any noise from the hallway or outdoors. It had a great setup and a fantastic shower. It was also located with easy access to the Badlands. It's about 5-8 blocks away from Wall Drug. We biked over to it with no problems. If we're in the area again, we'll definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank KelliJo14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground
Super 8 Wall
Super 8 Wall
#4 of 11 in Wall

Been to Days Inn Wall? Share your experiences!