“Excellent stay”
Review of Days Inn Wall

Days Inn Wall
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn in Wall, SD on our way to Sturgis Bike Week. There was a cooler filled with cold water for the bikers coming in, which we really appreciated since the weather was very hot. They had towels by the door to wipe down the bikes, a nice breakfast in the morning with hot coffee, furnished laundry soap and softener to anyone who wished to wash clothes, and clean/comfortable rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful. We would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcelino G
Dennis L, Manager at Days Inn Wall, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

It is great to have our customers take time to write a review for out motel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope we get to see you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at a Days Inn in Wall, South Dakota. What a wonderful place, friendly, neat as a pin, easy walking distance to the famous "Wall Drug Store". Having just come from a not so nice place in Deadwood, we were hoping for something good. The Days Inn exceeded our expectations! The owner went above and beyond helping us with a Priceline problem (I would not recommend using Priceline). There are many others attractions a short drive away. Wall is a very small town with very good restaurants. Such a warm and comfortable place. Restaurants are close by and the hotel offered a good light breakfast as well.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor (2 floors), at the end of the hall. Air conditioner was no problem.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to give a review for our motel and we are glad you had a good time.
Pease come again.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have stayed in 5 star hotels several times so we were not expecting one in the Bad Lands. On our way from Charleston SC. We stoped by several in town and this seemed the cleanest and least expensive. Lady at front desk suggested supper and it was great. Our room was clean and we had a good nights sleep. Met the owner the next morning for a great breakfast, my husband eats lots of protein and I always eat raw fruit and so was something for the both of us. The owner greeeted us with a big smile. The biggest plus was SHE WAS BORN IN THE USA AND AN AMERICAN.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Hope you come and stay with us again on your next trip to Wall SD. Thanks for the review you took time to right for us.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Now I know why I always review the hotels ahead of time. We were traveling back to Illinois and didn`t get as far as planned so I booked this hotel while traveling. The lady who checked me in wasn`t friendly, the room had a smell to it and needed a good cleaning. The whole hotel needs up-dated. We couldn`t wait to get out of this hotel, won`t be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jenusa

Sorry you did not enjoy you stay with us. I wish you had contacted me to see if we could make it better for you. Thank you we will keep in mind what you commented about.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here recently with our 2 kids, ages 11 & 9. We're not terribly picky or particular people, but this place just felt yuck. Walls are very thin, so we heard everything our neighbors were doing as well as every single footstep on the stairway which was on the other side of our wall too. Didn't love being that close to the door because it was very noisy. Heard the neighboring rooms' faucets as well. You get the point-loud. Beds weren't comfortable & the pillows were either really lumpy or hard, not a happy medium. The "breakfast" left a lot to be desired. If you're looking for a carb-heavy pre-packaged smorgasbord, you will be in luck. If you're looking for food with nutrients or protein, keep looking.
The location wasn't bad but if you can make it another 45 minutes you'll have many more options in Rapid City, which would be my suggestion.

Room Tip: Keep traveling.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruby B
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Convenient location right off the Interstate. Busy place with all the travelers stopping at Wall. Acceptable accomodations with clean room. Breakfast area was very small with room for only two groups but adequate selection of food.

Room Tip: No problems with room location; had a restful evening.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of different times. The most recent time was in June, 2012. The place is clean and relatively comfortable. The walls are a bit thin - I could hear people traipsing down the halls and clomping up the stairs while I was in my room. The place could a bit of a refreshment of carpeting/drapes but it is a 7 out of 10 on the comfort scale - pretty good but not great.

My main gripe is that the people at the front desk apparently don't really seem to care who's next in line - they'll deal with the person who pushes to the front. (I'm not sure if this is related to the person doing the pushing is a man and I'm not or what....). I was obviously waiting behind a guest checking in (the clerk looked me in the eye!) and some guy pushed his way in front of me - before I even knew what was going on!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
#9 of 11 in Wall
Super 8 Wall
Super 8 Wall
#4 of 11 in Wall

Been to Days Inn Wall? Share your experiences!