“Very average and nothing special to say”
Review of Millers Raywell

Millers Raywell
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Raywell
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Millers is a very friendly tearoom with a wide choice menu including daily specials which is locally sourced where possible. We also serve great coffee and huge home made cakes.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited these tea rooms today as a treat for my wife’s mum, however although two of the meals were very nice the third was very disappointing.
We had a quiche, salad with chips, ( very nice) the next a tuna Jacket potato, ( ok, but then again what can go wrong with this) and the third meal was a “Posh Ploughman’s Platter” which was disappointing.
The ham was just two very thin and small slices of ham, three pieces of cheese, and the usual bits like picked onions and baby gherkins with a bit of salad, pickle, coleslaw and a few crisps. This also came with a small picnic pork pie and some crusty bread.
I don’t see why it could be classed as a Posh Ploughman’s?
The bread was very very nice but the pork pie was absolutely awful. It was so poor that I left it after trying a piece ( which is certainly not like me to leave anything)
This was mentioned to the staff during the clearing of the plates and was just received with a comment that they get them from a local supplier and it would be mentioned to the kitchen staff!! And that was that!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (245)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the first time of visiting since Miller's management change. We went there for breakfast. My wife ordered a cheese and ham omelette with toast and jam, I ordered smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. The omelette was tasty enough but was rather heavy and a little dry from overcooking. My wife could only eat half, I ate a quarter and the rest was left. My scrambled eggs were okay but again suffered from being a little overcooked. There was too much smoked salmon for me. each dish was just under £8, two coffees and a round of toast with jam brought the bill to £24.75. The latte cafe was good however. Value for money? In quantity, yes, in enjoyment no. The table service was satisfactory and the ambiance was what one might expect from a tea shop trying to be more than. We decided that we would not return.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

We actually visited Millers Tearoom at Heron Lakes Luxury Lodge Park, just outside of Beverley, whilst staying in one of the lodges. Millers is an absolute asset to Heron Lakes and we had possibly the best breakfast ever and the team were great! We went back for afternoon tea as their homemade cakes looked gorgeous and we were not disappointed. Even if you are in the area but not staying at Heron Lakes, a visit to Millers is well worth it.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank HarleyMilo
Reviewed September 3, 2019

I live locally and I am a regular visitor to Millers. It's a gem, in a delightful sylvan setting, close to Raywell House. The new menu is varied and offers delicious food at reasonable prices - try the burgers! Service is always prompt with cheerful, friendly and helpful staff. Millers uses locally-sourced food, which is not difficult in East Yorkshire. Everything is prepared in Millers kitchen, including a range of fantastic cakes - try the Bakewell!
Millers is a busy place, particularly at lunchtime, so reservations are advised.
The restaurant now opens in the evenings at weekends with an excellent bistro menu. I've been three times and really enjoyed it.

1  Thank MichaelWinnerRIP
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Really pleased to have found Millers open for breakfast on a Monday and we were not disappointed. Had the veggie breakfast which was so filling we did eat until 7.30 in the evening, great cup of coffee and pot of tea. We will be back again

1  Thank Allys0nK