“New Bar - fancy for Vermillion”

Old Lumber Company Grill and Bar
Ranked #13 of 31 Restaurants in Vermillion
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband, myself and a couple of friends went here on NY's Eve. None of us live in Vermillion now, but 3 out of the 4 of us used to. This is a fairly new location. I think it's only been open for a few months. They've really done a nice job decorating and transforming this location into the bar/restaurant that it is now. I predict that it will be a big hit. The only thing I wished they had that other bars in town have was a dart board, as I was wanting to play darts! It's quite a large building. They have a large oval type bar that people can pull a chair up to and then the surrounding areas have tons of tall tables with stools. We stopped here just to have a drink, although they do have a menu, I did not see what it had on it. It also doesn't appear to be working on their website, so I think it's still under construction. However, when the waitress came over she told us what the special was for NY's Eve and my husband decided that he was eating instead of drinking! It was a prime rib plate with vegetables and was $20. That's a little expensive by Vermillion standards for food, but probably not so much for prime rib. My husband said it was delicious. One of my friend's also tried it and she said she liked it as well.

It's nice to see a place like this open in Vermillion. It's much nicer than anything that existed when I lived there! I really like that it's in a historic building too - very cool! I wish you lots of success to your new business!