“Best chef in Vermillion”
Review of Silk Road Cafe

Silk Road Cafe
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Vermillion
Cuisines: Asian
Vermillion, SD
“Best chef in Vermillion”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Pan-Asian food cooked by Vermillion's best chef. Chae cooks from many cuisines. Don't miss the Bi Bim Bop dish from her native Korea. The food here is very, very good.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank etsmith

South Dakota
“Lunch buffet at a good price”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just under $7 gets you all you can eat of a variety of freshly made entrees, two soups, two appetizers, steamed or fried rice. Always something spicy, always something sweet and sour. Featured entrees change daily. Princess chicken is good. From the menu (dinner) my favorites are Chop Chae, Pineapple fried rice, bulgoki. After eating here for years, I finally tried some Korean food on a trip to Oahu and realized what we have in Vermillion is very authentic Korean. The Thai food is less than authentic, however.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TRS61
Wichita, Kansas
“Gem in Vermillion”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I really love Silk Road Cafe, because it has many of my favorite dishes. It has Thai, Indian, Korean, and Japanese, all of which are excellent. The buffet offers various tastes from around the Asian countries, including Thai soup, Korean beef, and Indian curry. I highly recommend particularly Korean dishes.

• Visited October 2012
Fort Dodge, Iowa
“One of my "All-Time" favs!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband, kids and I lived in Vermillion while my husband was in grad school. My girlfriends and I ate at Silk Road MANY times. I, myself, went about once a week for awhile:) The food is fantastic. It's not only Chinese cusine but Korean as well. They have a very tasty bulgoki, sweet & sour chicken, curry and too many others to mention. My favorite time to go is during lunch. They have a buffet for around $8 that usually has 2 different soups, 2 kinds of rice, 2 different appetizers and 5-6 different main dishes. It changes daily. After my husband was done with school, we moved from South Dakota to Wisconsin. Every time we come back to visit Vermillion, I stop in and eat at Silk Road!!!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank uwsap44
“Excellent Asian fusion.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent vegetarian options and the prices are very affordable. Nice atmosphere as well. Kim chi lo mein is excellent.