“Lunch buffet at a good price”
Review of Silk Road Cafe

Silk Road Cafe
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Vermillion
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just under $7 gets you all you can eat of a variety of freshly made entrees, two soups, two appetizers, steamed or fried rice. Always something spicy, always something sweet and sour. Featured entrees change daily. Princess chicken is good. From the menu (dinner) my favorites are Chop Chae, Pineapple fried rice, bulgoki. After eating here for years, I finally tried some Korean food on a trip to Oahu and realized what we have in Vermillion is very authentic Korean. The Thai food is less than authentic, however.

1  Thank TRS61

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I really love Silk Road Cafe, because it has many of my favorite dishes. It has Thai, Indian, Korean, and Japanese, all of which are excellent. The buffet offers various tastes from around the Asian countries, including Thai soup, Korean beef, and Indian curry. I highly recommend particularly Korean dishes.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband, kids and I lived in Vermillion while my husband was in grad school. My girlfriends and I ate at Silk Road MANY times. I, myself, went about once a week for awhile:) The food is fantastic. It's not only Chinese cusine but Korean as well. They have a very tasty bulgoki, sweet & sour chicken, curry and too many others to mention. My favorite time to go is during lunch. They have a buffet for around $8 that usually has 2 different soups, 2 kinds of rice, 2 different appetizers and 5-6 different main dishes. It changes daily. After my husband was done with school, we moved from South Dakota to Wisconsin. Every time we come back to visit Vermillion, I stop in and eat at Silk Road!!!

2  Thank uwsap44
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent vegetarian options and the prices are very affordable. Nice atmosphere as well. Kim chi lo mein is excellent.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Honestly, to me the food at Chae's and at Silk Road taste almost identical. Their lunch buffet's are pretty much identical too. I like Chae's a little better, but Silk Road is also good. You won't go wrong at either place.