“Amazing collection of all cultures music.”

National Music Museum
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Vermillion
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Beautiful old building with audio headsets for touring.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

It was awesome. Instruments from around the world.

1  Thank Beezy57769
Reviewed December 23, 2011

What a hidden gem! I had no idea a place this great was here. I had a great time going through this museum. It's a crying shame that most of their inventory is hidden in the basement due to lack of room. I can't imagine what amazing treasures are hidden down there! There are plans to expand, they just need donations to do it. I doubt I'll live here long enough to see that happen, but I absolutely enjoyed what I saw!

1  Thank Denise C
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We went here because of the great reviews and the museum is worthy of all of them. It is truly unique; musical instruments of all types from ancient to modern are displayed in several well-organized galleries. As was mentioned by the previous reviewer, the walk-around audio/visual guides are a must; unless you are a specialist in musical instruments the guide will make your visit far more informative. We went through every gallery and played all the audio material and were there for over 3 hours. If you have ever played an instrument or simply enjoy listening to music you will be glad you stopped here and budgeted enough time to do it right.

1  Thank docj9000
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The National Music Museum is truly amazing. I live in South Dakota and had no idea this museum offered so much. Definitely use the offered multi-media devices. Not only can you see and read about the multitude of different instruments, but you can listen to music played on the instruments or watch videos of them being played. I have two children, 7 and 11, and they loved it because it was so interactive. Two hours was not enough time for us. We'll definitely be going back.

1  Thank Britra0004