“OK ... for the price.”
Review of Prairie Inn

Prairie Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Vermillion
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Wi-Fi was not reachable several times. Had to ask that the staff "reboot" their system so their router would work again. They were aware of the problem before my mentioning it. Also, needed to ask them to replace their orange juice dispenser supply as it was providing something that was about as clear as water.

Rooms were OK. The "fitness room" was hot, stuffy, and very small. No fan.

Room Tip: If fitness center is important, pass on this one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 1, 2013

For the money it cant be beat. Thursday thru Sat. nights after taxes just $175.00 If your looking for a nice clean comfortable place to stay without some of the frills this is the place for you. We stayed during a heat wave and the AC struggled to keep the room cool but it sufficed. Every place in town had the same problem with the heat. Location is great with the Hotel being close to South Dakota University and several businesses. A pool would be nice but it is what it is.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ed B
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was in room 217. The phone doesn't work. I told them about it 3 times during my 2 night stay. Nothing happened. Only received 1 washcloth each day. No church directory in the room or at the front desk. No new soap or coffee on 2nd day.
I understand that the motel just changed management. The new management are very friendly and I think will be able to "iron out" all the kinks in time. The rooms were clean and it was nice having a microwave and small refrig.
Breakfast was ok. Would have liked to see more fruit and choices.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I would book a room here at the drop of a hat. Every one of the staff could be working at a 5 star and management would be impressed with them. Location is great, rooms are excellent, the kitchen is authentic and the best. I have a family of 14 and it took 3 rooms for all of us and even when some had to extend the stay 1 more night, the staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. I have let relatives know to please recommend staying here above all the rest.
This is a family, kid, pet friendly just like home place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was looking for something local instead of the typical chain hotels for a memorial and family visit. Found this and booked a room for me and other family members. After traveling 16 hours we were excited to get checked in and get some sleep. My room was the King Suite and was very clean and comfortable. 3 kids took the king bed while I took the sofa sleeper. I slept thru the night and woke feeling refreshed and with no pain. This was the perfect place for my family. They were really accommodating and had no problems, breakfast was fun for the kids and filling. The kids and I stayed for a week and was sorry to leave the comfortable beds and friendly staff behind. When we are in the area again will definitely be reserving a room here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was looking for a nice, clean, and comfortable stay while visiting the university of south dakota. I found all of those things there and left feeling great about my stay. Slight smell of smoke in the room but I understand that's not the hotels fault but lack of consideration from previous guest.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dantheman4224
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed for two nights and for the price of the room - wouldn't go anywhere else! Clean, quiet, and comfortable rooms. Friendly staff. Simple breakfast that does include Belgian waffles was wonderful! Took a chance and glad we did!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family