“Best Hotel I Have Stayed At”
Review of Prairie Inn

Prairie Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Vermillion
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is awesome. Nice, clean spacious room. The staff is outstanding and bent over backwards with all of my questions and requests. This is by far the best hotel experience I have ever had. If you are coming to Vermillion, this is the only place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Prairie Inn

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here. Very nice place, they had very friendly employes, rooms were clean. They also had a great breakfast, there beds were comfortable, shower was great, flat screen a plus, microwave and mini fridge very convient. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were visiting family in the area and stayed here one (Friday) night. The sound coming through the wall of the room was unbelievable -- we could hear every word, and the occupants were not yelling. Would NOT stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here with friends recently on a busy weekend in town (home football game for the local college, and South Dakota's high school football championships, all of which took place across the street. So, needless to say, a busy weekend. We were greeted by no one in the front desk area, and no one answered the ringer. About six minutes later, the clerk walked up pushing a load of laundry. She hurried to the front and checked us in. She was nice enough, but she let us know that she was the front desk clerk, doing the laundry, and also thawing out a frozen ice maker. They only had this person working on this busy night. Fail one.

Once we got to our rooms, they were fairly clean, but not the best. The lights were not bright at all. They only had one light in the bedroom, and it wasn't bright at all. The table had something spilled on it, and wasn't cleaned up. Fail two.

We also noticed that the rooms weren't very soundproof. We could hear people all night in the hotel going back and forth, as well as a bunch of emergency vehicles go by the next morning. Fail three.

Lastly, we got down to breakfast at 9:30 (ended at 10), and everything was gone except the milk and two crappy rolls. Fail four.

Would not recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Nice hotel for a small town. Manager, Della, is great! Night staff is awesome as well and has good recommendations on places to eat etc. The attached bar is of great convenience for good food and a quick drink after a days work!

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Every time I go to Vermillion for my schooling (USD) I stay at the Prairie Inn. I've been going there for 3 years now each and every summer. I like the fact the room is reasonable and the continental breakfast includes biscuits/gravy and make-you-own waffles. I get a hot breakfast and a hot shower in the mornings and my day is started off right.

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Thrillaback
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in. The manager even broke into our room and went through our suitcases. They seem nice when you arrive but after they have your money you are of no importance. Don't use your credit card there because she also attempted to place false charges against our credit cards after we had left due to her being a psychopath. Try the comfort Inn they are very pleasant and the rooms are beautiful. I have never had a problem there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 1badanounymous
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vermillion
Best Western Vermillion Inn
#1 of 7 in Yankton
Red Roof Inn Vermillion
Red Roof Inn Vermillion
#2 of 4 in Vermillion

Been to Prairie Inn? Share your experiences!