“Surprise! Surprise! Good salads in Sturgis”

Jambonz Grill & Pub
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Sturgis
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a Full Service Restaurant. We serve breakfast all day as well. Convenient Drive through window. Espresso Drinks, Ice Cream (16 flavors), Beer & Wine. Great Atmosphere! Outdoor Seating. Owner is from Louisiana and occasionally serves Authentic Cajun Cuisine. Gumbo & Red Beans & Rice Served Daily. Home Made Soups Daily Are A Local Favorite! Burgers, Pasta, Fresh Salads, Steaks, Breakfast!
Chicago, IL
“Surprise! Surprise! Good salads in Sturgis”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Was expecting to have to order yet another burger while on the road traveling. But this place had a surprising diversity of menu items, many of them healthy choices. I understand we missed the bike rally by a week. Good timing!

1 Thank leslie06

Clayton, California
“Cajun food in Sturgis? You bet!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Outstanding food with a quaint decor - such a charming place. I would go back and order anything on the menu!
I ordered the Cajun shrimp salad ($10), which was delicious - and quite substantial. My partner ordered fried crawfish and french fries ($10) and loved it. They also have several po boys, red beans and rice, oysters on the half shell, and there is even a couple Thai dishes on the menu. Apparently the owner is from Louisana and it shows - the remoulade was fabulous.
It didn't start off so well, as our surly waitress didn't know what kind of beer they had, and simply said "oh we have lots of beers" and I had to walk up to the bar to find out what my choices were. They did have about 15 bottled beers ($4) that they serve in mason jars. The waitress finally warmed up to us and even admitted that she had just started the previous day.
Desserts sound great - red velvet cake and a couple of cheesecakes, the turtle cheesecake sounded the best but I was too full to even try.
Not a place to miss if you are in the area!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Tamara T
Newton, Texas
“Puffkin”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is by far the best and cleanest restaurant in Sturgis, South Dakota. The food is very well prepared and the service is great. The staff is very customer friendly. I eat there whenever I'm in the Dakota's.

• Visited August 2014
“Ambiance isn't everything !”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Been to restaurant several times in the past few years , sometimes good sometimes bad! After eating breakfast around town decided to go back to to j'bon'z for one of their breakfast, never again. For starters you can order eggs anyway you want them as long as their scrambled! That's right very minute breakfast menu, if you want toast forget it, you get biscuits , I guess the cook gets overwhelmed if he has to cook more than two breakfast at once! heaven help us if you asked for an omelet! instead of walking out we decided to order one chicken fried steak of course with a biscuit! My Friend wanted eggs over easy, NOT... Had to order eggs scrambled ,wanted wheat toast, got biscuit, I felt the soup nazi was working the kitchen ! here comes the meals, scrambled eggs more than well done! Potatoes horrible not a bit of seasoning, chicken fried steak thick, chewy, again bland,as the gravy. same boring potatoes , not a pinch of seasoning, oh did I mention the biscuit ! Really quite sad! Come to find out cook can't deal with making more than one order of toast, or cooking different eggs, was told to much work if he gets busy !there Weren't even ten people when we were there. the breakfast was tasteless for a Cajun themed restaurant. I would be very wary if they can't get past breakfast. On a good note the servers were awsome, and coffee was good. Upon check out I was hoping someone would have asked how was everything ?
Again guys breakfast can be a money maker, I'm not trying to redesign your menu, but perhaps a lot more thought should be put into
Your breakfast, and your cook!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

What a great find! My wife had a grilled shrimp salad. I tried it and while not a salad guy, I loved it. The rice and red beans was a nice treat. Also have great kid friendly food. Server was a little quirky which made it even more of a positive experience. This is a must try. We will be going back when in the area.