“Good restaurant option in town full of fast food and bars”

Jambonz Grill & Pub
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Sturgis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a Full Service Restaurant. We serve breakfast all day as well. Convenient Drive through window. Espresso Drinks, Ice Cream (16 flavors), Beer & Wine. Great Atmosphere! Outdoor Seating. Owner is from Louisiana and occasionally serves Authentic Cajun Cuisine. Gumbo & Red Beans & Rice Served Daily. Home Made Soups Daily Are A Local Favorite! Burgers, Pasta, Fresh Salads, Steaks, Breakfast!
Peoria Heights, Illinois
“Good restaurant option in town full of fast food and bars”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have family in Sturgis, so we make the trip at least once or twice a year for a visit. We like to have a meal or two out while visiting and my father in law suggested Jambonz for lunch. Over the years, we have seen various food options come and go in town and I was happy to say that this was one we have been able to visit on a couple of occasions. In a town full of fast food and bars, this is a good sit down option without that bar atmosphere. It's a right off the interstate coming into town and the parking lot is not huge, but the grocery store has plenty of parking next door if it's full. As far as atmosphere goes, it has a fun New Orleans vibe to it with dark red walls, a lot of French style artwork, chandeliers and antiques. The indoor eating area is pretty small, but there is some outdoor seating. I would imagine around rally time, it would be hard to find a place to sit. We were promptly seated and our drinks were brought right out. Our server was personable and attentive throughout our meal, refilling drinks as needed and our food was brought out in a reasonable time. The dining room was about half full at the time. The menu is pretty big with salads, sandwiches, burgers, entrees, meatless options and breakfast options. Since they advertise their Cajun cuisine, several of us tried out the crawfish po boys. I have to say they were delicious. Having been to New Orleans and tasted the real thing, it was a pretty good "imitation" so to speak. It was a nice big French roll with crawfish topped with lettuce, tomato, pickles and of course remoulade sauce. I would have liked a bit more crawfish and a little less lettuce though. I will say that I really liked their in house home made chips. They were just the right thickness and of perfect crispiness. A lot of places serve their own chips these days and it seems as if at least half of the serving is always soggy or soaked in grease, but not these, not a one! Because lunch was on the in laws I did not pay attention to price, but I would say for Sturgis the pricing must be fair if they continue to do a good business. Overall, it was a good lunch and I would recommend it for someone looking for an actual restaurant in Sturgis instead of a bar. Don't get me wrong, we have been to the other places too and the food is good, but it's nice to just go to a restaurant when we are visiting our family and eating out with our kids.

• Visited July 2014

Des Moines, Iowa
“Excellent Red Beans and Rice”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

While Red Beans and Rice is really more of a soup or side we requested it with some andouille sausage as our main dish. They were very accommodating, and we were delighted with the result! Although it took awhile to put together it was worth the wait. The food was tender and flavorful, and really some of the best red beans and rice we have had anywhere. It seemed a strange find for the black hills, but you can believe it. It is that good!

• Visited July 2014
Sturgis, South Dakota
“Great place to eat - definitely stop in!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We live in Sturgis and we often go to Jambonz. The food is really good and it's nice to have more of the restaurant atmosphere rather than a bar & grill like so many of the other places in Sturgis. They recently screened in the patio which is a nice addition for eating outside. They also occasionally feature homemade cakes by Sturgis Sweets.

• Visited June 2014
Topeka, Kansas, United States
“Good eating”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We went to Jambonz on recommendation from the clerk at the hotel. It had surprisingly good Cajun food. Both my wife and I had shrimp scampi and it was very good.

• Visited May 2014
Westminster, California
“Vegan Friendly Place in Cattle Country”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The menu has a grilled portobello mushroom and asparagus sandwich on it. The restaurant was very flexible and gave me these grilled vegetables over a baked potato. It was great. My husband had a French dip sandwich which was huge. Prices were very reasonable. Decor was cute. The waitress was very friendly.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Laurie M

Been to Jambonz Grill & Pub? Share your experiences!