“Best Burgers in the Black Hills”
Review of Caddy's Grill and Bar - CLOSED

Caddy's Grill and Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Spearfish, sd
“Best Burgers in the Black Hills”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I went to Caddy's Grill and Bar in Sturgis, SD last night. We both ordered burgers and fries and were very pleased with the quality of the meal. The burgers were genuine 1/2 pound Angus beef served on a toasted Kaiser bun. The fixings were very fresh and crisp and the fries were outstanding. It was refreshing to find good burgers as they are hard to find these days.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Bill D

Whitewood, South Dakota
“great food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have been at Caddy's Grill and Bar several times. We will be going back as the food is delicious. The staff is very friendly and always have a smile for you. It is also a good place to go and catch up on the scores of your teams; golf was on today. D&B

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Douglas V
Union Center, South Dakota
“Way back when”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This used to be the Phil Town Steak House where you took your visiting friends and relatives cause it was the best in town. Changed to a Mexican restaurant for awhile which I never tried (love Mexican food, but there's a Taco John right across the street). Ordered a burger and fries with all the fixins. Got all the the fixins, but the burger I swear, was from a formed patty made out of pure pink slime. Sturgis used to be a Cowtown before the motorcycle rally. I'm a rancher and don't mind some pink slime being added to my regular ground beef, but a pure patty of it!#? Might as well have asked for a Gerber's jar of it. Talked to the server and she said that's what they get to prepare. Talked to the owner about it and offered to bring him some real ground beef if he needed it. I think the main concern of this business is probably just the 2 week cycle rally in August, but I wouldn't even serve bikers this stuff, and I don't like bikers ;-) Bottom line up front, if you want a better burger, try BK or McD in Sturgis. The sad part is it's connected to the Best Western motel next door and would have a built-in clientele. Will not return to Caddy's

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bearclaw6
Bluesky57785, Owner at Caddy's Grill and Bar, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We serve 100% Angus Beef in a 1/2 pound ground chuck patty from www.holtenmeat.com. We serve the most expensive 1/2 lb Certified Angus Beef burger available to a restaurant from Sysco Foods.

Not sure why you posted such a mean review. We receive endless compliments on our burgers. Not sure how you arrived at a description of "pure pink slime" but it is not fair to our business or our employees who work hard to provide great food and great service.

We are not a biker bar restaurant in Sturgis. We are open 16 hours a day, every day of the year except Christmas Day. I have owned and operated this restaurant for 20 years and I am here nearly everyday to be sure my guests receive the good food and service they deserve.