“Ate here once and will not be going back”
Review of JJ Davenport's - CLOSED

JJ Davenport's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Disappointed with the service! The food was ok, nothing special, and the prices were a little high... but the service was poor! I orderd a sandwich which came with fries. I stated that I did not want the fries; I wished to substitute a cup of soup, and I stated that I understood that this would likely cost extra which was fine. The waitress told me I couldn't do this. I re-worded my request and stated that I'd like to order the sandwich, hold the fries, and I'd like to order a seperate cup of soup for the regular menu price. She stated that I could not do this. I didn't see the point in wasting the fries, which I wasn't going to eat. Why was it such a problem to order the sandwich, minus the fries, plus a full-prize cup of soup? Strange.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Because I live here I appreciate the restaurants that stay open year round. The establishments that only cater to the biker crowd during the summer don't deserve patronage from the locals. JJ Davenport's sticks out the long cold winters like a few other places do. Although at times I have had minor complaints about the service or decor, I have never had a mediocre meal here. In fact it has the very best salads and some of the best sandwiches in town. The salmon dinner is superb and the wine list features local wineries. It is a place you can go and have a quiet conversation. That is not easy to find in Sturgis!

1  Thank blee45
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have not eaten at this establishment, but a friend from Sturgis shared this photo of this sign that was outside this restaurant today. It speaks for itself.

5  Thank teenyb
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This restaurant is nothing to write home about but is a peaceful break from some of the more loud places in town. Unlike the rest of the town, this place is more focused on a historical theme rather than a biker theme. This is not a large restaurant but is quiet and the serving staff are friendly and attentive. The food is typical small town fare (ie sandwiches and burgers mostly). There is no liquor served but they do have a small selection of wines (and perhaps beer... I didn't notice). The prices were certainly resonable ($10 for dinner and a lemonade).

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The manager/owner is a little rude! The food is ok and the service is ok! Not very bright inside and the parking is small