“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sturgis
Iowa
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very nice hotel. Nice staff. Breakfast was a little less than what I expected however. Price was kind of high as well, but I have come to expect Holiday Inn Expresses to be a little higher than their competetors. It's definitely the nicest hotel in Sturgis and I would stay there again if I was ever out that way again.

Room Tip: Best place to choose in Sturgis. Most definitely the newest!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Milford
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was the best ever. We have told a lot of people about the stay. It was very clean the room was very nice. The food was very,very good.The location is in a a very nice area, easy to get to and from. Close to events. We are looking forward to going back this year 2013.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family stayed here for two nights during Thanksgiving weekend. We had a suite because with a teenager and a 9 year old, we needed the extra room. Wow, did we get a lot of room! I cannot believe how big these rooms are! There could have been a little more light in the rooms, but overall we were happy with it. I didn't care for the scent of the soap, so you may want to bring your own. Otherwise things were really good. My kids loved the pool. The slide was so much fun. I enjoyed watching them have a good time. It was great to have a hot breakfast in the morning as well. The staff was great and was so accomodating. The location was really good, close to Dairy Queen. :) If you are going to stay in Sturgis, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KarenD506
northern arizona
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I would like to thank the entire staff of this hotel for their consistant professionalism and compassion. I ended up staying here for 7 nights, 6 of which were unplanned. The front desk staff was helpful and kind during a very difficult time in my life. They even offered a special rate for me and considering the expense i was incurring for a variety of things this was a welcome and much appreciated surprise. The cleaning staff kept the room impeccable and refreshed everyday, one staff member (i wish i knew your name i believe it was wed the 7th) came to clean my room and i was a sad wreck and her kind words for me made an impact. On a lighter note, the rooms are super clean, safe and the breakfast and coffee all day is much appreciated!

Room Tip: Splurge and get the room w the tub
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Clean room and hotel as expected with Holiday Inn Express, however bed had a plastic covering between the mattress and sheets that made it noisy when wife or I would turn in bed at night. The wall A/C unit was also noisy as it turned on & off. Breakfast was adequate. Be careful when choosing a room since hotel is located directly next to railroad tracks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Legamania,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our room. Our hotel is very proud of it's cleanliness, level of service and quality of it's product. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience because of the bed. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Sturgis.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed 1 night for the "Couple Out" package. It was a treat for my wife she knew we were staying there but did't know I booked a room with a whirlpool and a bottle of wine. Well worth the $99 rate. Jen was great holding our room until I could give her a CC to hold the room. The room was huge and very clean. Breakfast was good and fresh. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We checked in and got a small room on the ground floor right by the breakfast area. As I went to the windows a train went by. I went to the clerk to ask about an alternate room and she said that the trains only go by twice a day so another one wouldn't be by until the following day. She was right.

However, she said that due to our frequent guest status we would get upgraded and we were sent to the fourth floor to a very large room with a sitting area. It was a very nice room and very quiet. No trains went by the entire time we were there, after the first one.

Our room was a double suite, with a small wet bar, small fridge, and a table w/2 chairs. Our room was very clean, had plenty of towels, a flat screen TV, and free WiFi.

The included breakfast was good and the reception staff very friendly and good to work with. The hotel has a little gift shop with a lot of postcards and local souvenirs and DVD movie rentals are available for the rooms.

Room Tip: Get an upper room, if possible as the hotel is by some businesses that may have early morning delive...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mdfloyd322
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
Best Western Sturgis Inn
Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
The Hotel by Gold Dust
The Hotel by Gold Dust
#5 of 24 in Deadwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!