“Great Breakfast Deal”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sturgis
sioux falls, United States
“Great Breakfast Deal”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hotel has a great breakfast deal! clean place to stay with great access to outdoor activities (hunting, skiing, fishing, golf and of course riding the motorcycle) and Deadwood. They also take pets which is a big plus for me and my Golden's. Staff is excellent and professional. Not top of the line fancy but adequate for the things i love to do. I will do fancy when on business. WE LOVE THE HILLS!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bluesky57785, General Manager at Best Western Sturgis Inn, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and we enjoyed having you. The Black Hills are a great place to visit with lots to do. Be safe on your next trip to stay with us.
Christy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Randolph, Kansas, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stopped late in the evening while traveling through the Sturgis area at this motel. We were a bit disheartened when we had to wait for the clerk to return (about 15 minutes) but once she came back, I was quickly checked in and got a nice room. The room was clean, efficiently appointed and best plus was that the room rental came along with a nice breakfast at the partner restaurant next door! Had a good, hot breakfast with nice service and were back on our way.

Room Tip: Go for ground level rooms--easy access and close parking.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the clean room and hot breakfast. See you next time.
Holstein, Iowa, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is average lodging that gets extra points for its convenient proximity to I-90. You can also walk to Caddy's Steakhouse without going outside the motel, something that would be nice in foul weather. Our room had an old-style outside entry, but the weather was nice, so that wasn't a problem for us. Complimentary breakfast was off the menu and quite good. We have stayed here before and won't hesitate to do so again when going through western South Dakota.

Room Tip: If you are there to use the pool, the interior rooms will be good for you. If not, you might want t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us on your travels through western South Dakota, and for taking the time to post this comment. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast, along with everything you might need in our convenient location.
Everett, Washington
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is one of many in Sturgis and the surrounding area. It has more of a motel feel than a hotel. For the price and location it is more than adequate but if you are looking for luxury, this is not the hotel for you. The indoor pool and hot tub are a definite plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the large indoor pool area with hot tub. Thank again!
Cameron, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just recently stayed there for one night. Upon arrival we checked out our beds for bugs, a standard procedure when traveling. This was the first place we ever found any.There were at least 3 bugs visible with tiny black spots and lines on the bedding between the bed spring and mattresss. They moved about the speed of an ant. We called down stairs and they put us in another part of the motel for the night. Upon checkout the manager told us "good news , They were not bed bugs they were ticks. I told her I knew better that I was from the midwest and I knew what ticks looked like, and that ticks did not leave little black spots and streaks on your bedding.Also we had No hot water to shower the next morning. You make the choice, bed bug or not, any bugs in your bed is a BED BUG.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bluesky57785, General Manager at Best Western Sturgis Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Brad,
I am the GM at the BW Sturgis Inn, and the person you spoke with the morning you checked out. I would like to apologize if you felt that I was blowing off your situation at our hotel. I am very concerned with any problems that may have occurred.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you would like.
Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently stayed in Sturgis because I was unable to find a room in Spearfish for a conference. The Best Western Sturgis Inn was very easy to find off the interstate. I have to admit I was a little hesitant to find, upon arrival, that it's more of a "motel"...the rooms open to the outside. However, once I saw my room, I was very pleased. My room had a faint odor to it (I think a previous guest had chosen to ignore the no-smoking policy), but it was exceptionally clean and you could tell the décor had been recently updated.The bathroom was a bit tiny, but since it was just the toilet and the tub/shower, it was not a main point of concern. There is a pool and hot tub, but as I was on business, I was not able to test them out. When we checked in, our hostess was very polite and happily answered our questions. There is a restaurant on-site and it is superb! The food was delicious and you got nice portion sizes for reasonable cost. The best part of the trip was breakfast. Upon check-in, you get a voucher for breakfast. With that voucher, you go to the restaurant and are allowed to order off a special menu for hotel guests. This menu many normal restaurant breakfast items. Service was fast and the food, once again, was great. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are train tracks directly behind the hotel. We were fortunate not to experience one during the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much.
Hope to see you again.
Duluth, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here one night coming home from a hunting trip. The rates were very competitive and included a hot order of the menu breakfast in the grill/bar next door. Breakfast was exceptional, room was clean, comfortable bed, spacious room was nice since I was traveling with my brother. Outside entrance really cut down on the noise from other guests. Llocated 2 blocks from the freeway entrance.I will definately stay here again if ever in Sturgis!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks, can't wait to see you on your next trip.
Christy, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
SpringHill Suites Deadwood
The Lodge at Deadwood
The Lodge at Deadwood
#3 of 24 in Deadwood
Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
Best Western Black Hills Lodge
Holiday Inn Express Deadwood

Been to Best Western Sturgis Inn? Share your experiences!