“surprise”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sturgis
newcastle, australia
“surprise”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

stayed 1 night, very happy with this motel...our 14th day of travelling through the u.s & rated so far the best...friendly staff, although we stayed at cheaper super 8's this one was clean, comfortable & breakfast best so far...only complaint is the town...everything seems to close down when no events in town, unless you like pizza, macca's not much to choose from...also this motel is other side of highway, so is quite a walk from the main street

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
beaumont tx
Reviewed August 8, 2008

The normal price of these rooms is roughly $76, during the week of the Sturgis bike rally, the price jumped a moutain and went to ... get ready ,$235 per night, we had reserved a queen room, and recieved a double bed instead, talk about a rip off, and some of the staff was extermely rude to us.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
Reviewed April 24, 2008

I'm a somewhat eccentric radio producer, who can be perceived from time to time as a bit 'out-there'. Most creative people are... Nonetheless, I'm quiet, polite, friendly and non-obtrusive...

The Manager, after staying here 5 nights decided to call the cops and have my room raided by many police officers. The excuse they gave me for the raid was that she spotted me with aerosol can.

After a 20 minute shake-down, broadcasting my name all over a town where I'm trying to do business, the officers excused themselves and apologized for the inconvenience. The cops were very professional, for which I'm thankful.

Perplexed by the whole aerosol can thing I asked an officer, "What's up with the aerosol can thing?" (which was actually a can of Monster Energy Drink). The officer replied, "People huff that". I said, "Oh, ok".

To make a long story short, if your packin' energy drinks or hairspray, Sturgis' Super8 manager is likely to have cops, including a K-9 unit, beating down your door, while falsely humiliating you in front of many.

I'm still in shock, and will never forget the grief she caused. My advice, drink soda-pop in your car, or steer clear of Super8 until she is long gone.

Besides the She-Devil Super8 manager who MUST be fired for this egregious action, the staff is friendly and the rooms are great !!!

I called and emailed Super 8 corporate. I'll post their response and action taken later... You'll soon know how much Super 8 cares about it's guests, and if she's still there to ruin your trip to beautiful Sturgis, SD.

Stay tuned.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank gcharlsen
Illinois
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Super 8 was typical. Noise was minimal in the rooms and the air worked good. Wireless did not work anywhere in the hotel, not even in their lobby. The front desk was not helpful at all, only told me that the "computer guy" had just come and checked everything. Front desk staff was a little rude, but not too terrible. I would not recommend the breakfast. The fruit was the only thing that was good.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank JessNJosh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2006

The room was clean and the jacuzzi worked well. I would like to see the Super 8 Motels include coffee pots or some sort of amenities with thier rooms. We didn't deal with the staff after check-in so unsure of how anyone outside of the front desk clerk was. We would probably stay at this motel again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Eau Claire, WI
Reviewed July 21, 2005

Nice place just off I-90. Nothing spectacular about this place but the staff was very helpfull and friendly. Rooms were clean. We had a room with a sliding glass door as a wall. They must have had a pool at one time and decided to build a second building with rooms instead of keeping the pool, but they didn't replace the doors with walls, so we got to look at the door of the room across from us as our view. I would recommend this hotel for travelers.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank DawnW67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
Best Western Sturgis Inn
The Lodge at Deadwood
The Lodge at Deadwood
#6 of 24 in Deadwood
Baymont Inn & Suites Spearfish

Been to Super 8 Sturgis? Share your experiences!