“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sturgis
Reviewed September 30, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Keith B, Manager at Super 8 Sturgis, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Over all the stay was fine. Front desk clerk was rude and dismissive, but the room was clean and the maid staff very nice. Water pressure was low and the shower temp never really got warm. We stayed three nights and would stay again because of the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

As per our conversation I would like to thank you for taking the time to visit with me in reference to your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was very surprised as this is the ONLY MOTEL I have ever stayed where the staff was very rude and WOULD NOT HELP me get my insulin for diabetes out of my car. The secod day there I asked if the mattress could be turned as it was sagging on the side closest to the bathroom and they were very rude and snotty "I don't see why you cannot sleep on the other side of the bed" I needed it turned so I could sleep and not worry about incontence and be able to make it to the bathroom. guess because I am not a biker they CERTAINLY DO NOT HELP OR CATER to HANDICAPPED little old ladies. THE RUDENESS CAME FROM THE EVENING STAFF AND THE FEMALE OWNER. I WAS VERY UPSET AND WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN..I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE.

Room Tip: Rooms next to road very noisy due to large truck traffic. RUDE STAFF IF YOU ARE NOT A BIKER...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Keith B, Manager at Super 8 Sturgis, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

The word appalled came to my mind when I read your comments on your recent stay. First of all If anyone was rude and would not help you I would definitely like to apologize. After talking to all the staff your account of your stay is very different than theirs. The Clerk that checked you in did leave the front desk area when she was the only one here to help you unload your cooler.
The next front desk clerk that came on duty also was callled to your room to turn on the T.V. for you and the female manager that you are referring to did not tell you to just sleep on the other side of the bed as she did come to your room and rotated the matress as you requested. Also housekeeping gave you an extra garbage can which you requested which means you had three garbabe cans in your room and one more roll of toilet paper which gave you three as per your request. You also asked the female manager if you could have some assistance in loading the next morning and she told you to just call the front desk and we would have someone assist you. We never did get a call. As far as being rude I have been managing this Super 8 for eight years and have not experienced any staff as being rude to anyone. We stress to all our staff the importance of being friendly and courteous to all guests at all times. The Sturgis Super 8 cators to all guests and not only a select few as indicated in your comments as is a testimonial to our repeat guests that are elderly and handicapped and have appointments at our local Veterans Administration Hospital.. As the manager of this Super 8 I take pride in my staff and if at anytime should someone not uphold the high standards of service that we require they would be held accountable.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Keith B, Manager at Super 8 Sturgis, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here two nights. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were lovely. I could have done with a firmer pillow, but I didn't ask so maybe I could have had one. Good value for the price. A little noise from the main road. I could not connect the the wi fi might have been my device. Would stay again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith B, Manager at Super 8 Sturgis, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay and we want to thank you for choosing the Sturgis Super 8!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very pleasant stay. Clean rooms and bath, friendly and helpful staff. No negatives at all. Will use again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Our entire staff would like to say thank you for choosing the Sturgis Super 8 for your stay and we are very pleased to hear that the staff was helpful during your stay. We hope to see you again in your travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
2 mi away
Whitetail Court Motel and Campground
Iron Horse Inn
Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 3 in Whitewood

Been to Super 8 Sturgis? Share your experiences!