“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE...”
Review of Super 8 Sturgis

Super 8 Sturgis
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sturgis
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I am well traveled, and have stayed in MANY MANY hotels across the country. I live very close to this hotel, and have stayed in this hotel in the past with my kids.... the last time I stayed there, the maid started knocking on my door at 8am, wanting to clean. The checkout time is 11 am. She then knocked on my door every 15 minutes after that. When I went down to complain, I was told my credit card would be charged an extra 100. For what? Because I had my dog in my vehicle, and their rules was no animals allowed in the rooms. My dog wasn't in the room. I will NEVER stay or recommend this hotel to anyone ever again. I asked for corporates phone number, and the manager refused to give it to me. Thanks Super 8..... YOU SUPER SUCK.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank missaurora77
Keith B, Manager at Super 8 Sturgis, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

This guest DID have a dog in her room, admitted to staff she had a dog in her room and walked the dog down the hall in front of staff. She used vulgar language with the housekeeping staff, front desk staff and myself. She was yelling loudly in the halls and at the front desk. She offended guests that were in the lobby area with her vulgar language. She even indicated she had to bring her dog with her because her boyfriend kicked her out of his place and she had no where to take the dog. This guest was so out of control that the local police had to be summoned. I also don't think the comment YOU SUPER SUCK should be allowed on the website.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Sturgis

Reviewed June 8, 2011

This motel had a comfortable bed and good location. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: check with kayak.com to get the best price
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The receptionist at this motel was nice enough, but we were put in a room in the basement that really felt like a dungeon. The room smelled strongly of smoke (though the girl at the desk did provide us with air-freshening spray), and there was no window to open. The window looked into a concrete window-well with a plastic dome at the top! We asked for another room (I'm allergic to smoke and don't know if I made a mistake when booking, or if there was just no other option), but they said they were full. It truly felt a little spooky, and the accommodations were dated and dingy. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We decided to splurge a little bit and stay in the split level honeymoon suite. I have to say it was awesome. After spending the evening in Deadwood we returned to our room and spent some time in the hot tub. It was a little corny being in the heart shaped tub, but we loved it. It reminded us of Dumb and Dumber haha. I cannot say enough about this room. The bed was comfy and everything was as it should be. Great friendly staff. It would be worth staying here even if you do not stay in the honeymoon suite.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights on a driving trip to the west coast. The hotel is easy to find, and there is ample parking around the building.

The room was clean, with no odors. Beds comfortable and room was quiet, slept very well while there.

Only a few recommendations:
New carpeting and paint in the hallways would go a long way for getting rid of the stale smoke odor (not present in our room, just the hall)
Breakfast is very basic, it would be nice to have more choices like eggs, etc.
Had to get wireless connection in the lobby, didn't reach all the way to our room.

Overall tho, it was a good stay and I slept very well while there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I made reservations with Jane, the manager of Super 8, in April '09. I had many phone conversations with Jane before arriving at the motel for the 69th motorcycle rally in August '09. Jane and her staff were very accomodating. The rooms were very tidy and the staff was open to any suggestion to assure our comfort while we were there. The motel has a lovely breakfast room with an oak fireplace and large picture windows all around. It was easy to awaken knowing that there would be a full breakfast buffet, including juice and coffee, waiting for us. Everything was clean and presentable. The food was tasty and complimentary while we stayed. Jane was instrumental in helping me get things mailed. Many of the Sturgis vendors stayed at Super 8, so I didn't even have to go out of my way to get things mailed. The motel also has a gym, and a laundry room. The convenience of both things made our stay easy. I would rate them 6 stars out of 5. The have internet and sooo much more. They are very knowledgeable about all tourist attractions, as well .

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2009

stayed 1 night, very happy with this motel...our 14th day of travelling through the u.s & rated so far the best...friendly staff, although we stayed at cheaper super 8's this one was clean, comfortable & breakfast best so far...only complaint is the town...everything seems to close down when no events in town, unless you like pizza, macca's not much to choose from...also this motel is other side of highway, so is quite a walk from the main street

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
#3 of 24 in Deadwood
Black Hills Inn & Suites
Black Hills Inn & Suites
#24 of 24 in Deadwood

Been to Super 8 Sturgis? Share your experiences!