“Poor Customer Service”
Review of Cedar House Restaurant - CLOSED

Cedar House Restaurant
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went there later in the evening, hardly anyone there. Waitress took my 1/2 full glass to refill, and never returned. Never asked how our food was. Finally stopped another waitress and got my drink back. First waitress came back to ask if we wanted dessert, didn't even mention my drink. Food was not that great. One person in our group ordered a BLT, it had one slice of bacon on each half of the sandwich, and those were the smallest pieces of bread we had ever seen.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Totally forgettable place, which is a good thing. Not a terrible place that would, pardon the pun, leave a bad taste in your mouth. Not a jaw dropping gem. Just a nice local diner with classic diner food. A month from now we will not remember this place, but it was a nice stop for a lunch stop.

The sour cream blueberry pie was a nice treat. We may remember the pie.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stopped here on a Monday evening. Wasn't crowded when we entered but it began to fill. There was only one waitress/hostess. She did a remarkable job but service was slow. Maybe it was the kitchen. The food was good and reasonably priced. Restaurant was very clean. Often we do not get dessert, or split one, but when we inquired we were told the pies are homemade. Wow--delicious. I have not had such good pie in ages. My daughter and I chose the strawberry/rhubarb. The crust was good--likely brushed with egg white, and then dusted with sugar. The pie was filled with luscious fruit--not a lot of gelatinous goo like many pies. My husband ordered the sour cream blueberry pie, and said it was delicious. It had a crumb topping. My husband and daughter ordered theirs a la mode, and received a huge dish of ice cream. I was also pleased to be able to order decaffinated iced tea. It was raspberry flavored and the raspberry was very dominant--no taste of tea, but it was nice to be able to order it. Most of the other guests appeared to be local residents, so I guess the know a good deal when they have it. If you go be sure to save room for dessert!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife happened upon Cedar House as we headed into Spearfish from the North. The atmosphere is relaxed and is accented by lots of cedar wood. The food was tasty and a good value for the price. We treated ourselves to some pie, and were not disappointed! We arrived a bit after lunchtime on a Saturday, and it was not busy.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Our first clue should have been that there were no cars in the parking lot. We decided to take a chance anyway and I wish we hadn't. I had the chicken friend steak. It was really awful. I think it's the frozen ones you can get in the grocery store. The gravy was like the little packets you mix with milk. Usually, chicken friend steak is a pretty safe choice, but not this time. Some of us had the spaghetti, which was likened to Spaghettios. I think the only good thing was the special roast beef.

1  Thank Patty D