“Pleasant stay”

Hampton Inn Spearfish
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is very clean. Great location near 90 exit. The staff at check-in was so nice and called room after I had checked in to make sure everything was ok. The room we got was a bit small for a family suit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mbui
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Spearfish

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Clean, Friendly and helpful staff, and the pool even has a slide for the kids. Not only were we greeted by a friendly and helpful staff but they even checked back with us later to see if there was anything else they could do. Directing us to the best pizza in town was a plus. Couldn't ask for a better place.

1  Thank Bernard B
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were traveling through on our road trip and were tired of driving and sightseeing and this hotel was in a good spot for us to pick up on our sightseeing the next day. I am a Hilton Honors member so this was a good choice to get me more points. The price was a little higher than I wanted to pay at the time, yet I was tired so we stayed anyway. The room was okay and seemed clean on a first glance, then I realized it could have been better. It wasn't anything major but I didn't like that I found a wad of gum on the floor and in the corner of the bathroom there was a hairball. I have been in some really disgusting hotel rooms so this stuff wasn't that bad.
I did walk down to the pool area and the pool was ice cold, I stuck my feet in for awhile and it felt refreshing for a bit but then my feet froze. Even the two kids that came in while I was there commented on how cold it was. There was a water slide but it looked like it was just for little kids. The hot tub was broken. The breakfast in the morning was decent and standard to a Hampton Inn. I did enjoy the beautiful peony flowers out in front of the hotel, they are my favorite flower and they looked and smelled lovely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajrwdwgirl
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Conveniently located, clean rooms, quiet, but very expensive. We would have given it a higher rating if the price had been more reasonable. We found out later that the Days Inn across town has very nice rooms for about $60 less than what we paid here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Hampton Inns are usually very nice and clean. The plus for this one is that even though it is a little farther from Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Deadwood and Sturgis, It is also quieter and more restful. It is also an easy, beautiful drive to any of the above sights. It is an ideal hotel and town for doing cloverleaf trips to those places and very near to Devil's Tower as well. The backroad trips out of Spearfish offer beautiful scenery. The staff at this Hampton Inn are very helpful and the rooms immaculate. The rates here are better than those right in the heart of the tourist crush.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryEllenM27
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a road trip to Mt Rushmore and Devils Tower. The five of us, two adults and three children, stayed in a two queen deluxe room with a sofa sleeper. Although a little crowded, it worked for us.

The good - The hotel appeared to be fairly new. All rooms were smoke free and ours smelled cleaned, even with the A/C running. The kids loved the pool with the spiral slide. Our room was quiet at night, each of the three nights we stayed. The staff, when present, were friendly and professional. Not top notch like some of the Hamptons that I've stayed in, but good. The fitness room included both aerobic machines and a full set of dumbells.

The bad - The hotel was noticeably understaffed as the front desk clerk also worked the breakfast room and did other chores around the hotel. As such, the breakfast room was not always stocked with the good stuff. On the outside, the rooms were clean. But looking under the bed for items that we may have missed during checkout, we found a couple of pieces of dried bread.

The wife and I were still happy with the stay and will stay here again in the future should the Tripadvisor reviews remain ok.

Room Tip: Exterior lights are located right above some of the windows on the 3rd floor. If you want a complet...
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Room was not clean. Upon check in found room with dead bug on bed, carpet with obvious pet urine and fecal stains, bathroom toilet had material remaining in the toliet that was not flushed, furnishings were so dirty I did not wish to sit on them. Complaints to management went without any comment from manager for four days (only an apology four days later after more complaints to main Hilton guest services). Manager did not meet with me despite my two attempts or honor 100% satisfaction guarantee.

3  Thank Aaron G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spearfish
Best Western Black Hills Lodge
Travelodge Spearfish
Travelodge Spearfish
#8 of 14 in Spearfish
Hampton Inn Deadwood at Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort

Been to Hampton Inn Spearfish? Share your experiences!