“Outstanding”

Hampton Inn Spearfish
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at this facility. Close to major SD attractions with easy access. Rates were great and room was spotless. Continental bkfst was ok. We would stay with these folks again. Applebee's was just across the street and delicious.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank HollyWoodHog
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Spearfish

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a gem for the Hilton properties I have been diamond for over 5 years and this hotel rates high on the list. One of the cleanest and friendly I
Hotels I've stayed in. Autumn the manger is a gem and a keeper for this property.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel one week ago and its quality is by far one of the best one I have ever seen. The staff was wonderful, a delicious hot breakfast every morning, the place is brand new, the rooms are very cozy and the beds are very comfortable, and all this for a reasonable price. I travel a lot and I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is by far the best one I have stayed in. I recommend to everybody to stay at the Hampton Inn in Spearfish, South Dakota.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites and I am sure you will like any room you stay in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Excellent location, comfortable beds, VERY VERY CLEAN, Nice Staff who met all requests promptly. If you want to get really nit picky...yes the pillows are small, but they were very comfortable, and I much prefer them over big pillows that are too firm and cumbersome. The breakfast selection was limited to cereals, breads, etc.It w but there was juice and excellent coffee. The price for a double queen beds was one of the cheapest that we had on our trip that included North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Park. I would stay there again and refer anyone to it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side if you don't want parking lot light, or any noise from the highw...
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife & I wished to spend a full day in Deadwood, SD. We noted that the nearest Comfort Suite was in Spearfish (a 15 minute drive) and pre-booked a two day stay. The breakfast area was under remodeling; yet there was no noise or dust involved and the temporary area was spacious and well planned. Our king bed suite had all the ammenities, including sofa, lounge, computer desk with chair and lamps galore.Total cost for two days was $179.22, tax included.

Room Tip: Higher floor or top floor is best to avoid overhead noise of children stomping arround.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The bed was comfy and although our room was right next to the elevators it was quiet. The decor was nice and hotel was in generally good shape. Poor lighting in the bathroom. We had a brief issue with the A/C not working but my hubby was able to fix without much effort. EXTREMELY BRIGHT light in parking lot shining DIRECTLY into our room. I woke up at 2 am thinking it was time to get up and moving because the light was so bright. Was able to shove some pillows up against the curtains to darken things up and that seemed to work okay. The light obviously needs adjusted to shine DOWN. Other thing that irritated me were the pillows. I could not believe how cheap this hotel was - they give you small throw pillows on the bed. There were NO full sized pillows. And on top of that they give you a pillow case that would fit a standard size pillow so you get to shove your throw pillows inside of it to try to make a real pillow. Just ridiculous! I have honestly never seen such cheapness before! Overall though the hotel was nice. We didn't eat breakfast or use any of the facilities, so I don't have much to judge the place off of other than a place to rest your head, and it did just fine as that.

Room Tip: Avoid the front of the building with the bright parking lot lights shining in your window!
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Cancelled hotel room for one night after staying for 3 nights, and they still charged me over $200+ for one night stay, for a room I did not stay in during Rally Week. They rip off people and never try to work with them. Phone, and front desk assistence are under trained and over worked. Owner is about money, his, not yours.I called one week later and got the typical run around. No follow up call. I do not recommend staying at this hotel. I travel to Sturgis and Spearfish often, I will never stay there again. My recommendation, get a tent.

Room Tip: Yes, go to another hotel. HI and Fairfield Inn
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spearfish
Best Western Black Hills Lodge
Travelodge Spearfish
Travelodge Spearfish
#8 of 14 in Spearfish
Hampton Inn Deadwood at Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort

Been to Hampton Inn Spearfish? Share your experiences!