Hampton Inn Spearfish
$103
Days Inn Spearfish(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
$89
$139
$84
$70
$65
Quality Inn(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
$125
Super 8 Spearfish(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
$105
$111
Best Western Black Hills Lodge(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
$115
$107
BestWestern.com
Bell's Motor Lodge Motel(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
$64
$60
All reviewscomfort suitesevening cookieswater slidesblack hillsno exceptionshopping and restaurantsfitness centerbusiness centercomplimentary breakfastgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againtwo nightsclean hotelthe breakfast areadevils towerfront desk staffpool area
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife & I wished to spend a full day in Deadwood, SD. We noted that the nearest Comfort Suite was in Spearfish (a 15 minute drive) and pre-booked a two day stay. The breakfast area was under remodeling; yet there was no noise or dust involved and the temporary area was spacious and well planned. Our king bed suite had all the ammenities, including sofa, lounge, computer desk with chair and lamps galore.Total cost for two days was $179.22, tax included.

Room Tip: Higher floor or top floor is best to avoid overhead noise of children stomping arround.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The bed was comfy and although our room was right next to the elevators it was quiet. The decor was nice and hotel was in generally good shape. Poor lighting in the bathroom. We had a brief issue with the A/C not working but my hubby was able to fix without much effort. EXTREMELY BRIGHT light in parking lot shining DIRECTLY into our room. I woke up at 2 am thinking it was time to get up and moving because the light was so bright. Was able to shove some pillows up against the curtains to darken things up and that seemed to work okay. The light obviously needs adjusted to shine DOWN. Other thing that irritated me were the pillows. I could not believe how cheap this hotel was - they give you small throw pillows on the bed. There were NO full sized pillows. And on top of that they give you a pillow case that would fit a standard size pillow so you get to shove your throw pillows inside of it to try to make a real pillow. Just ridiculous! I have honestly never seen such cheapness before! Overall though the hotel was nice. We didn't eat breakfast or use any of the facilities, so I don't have much to judge the place off of other than a place to rest your head, and it did just fine as that.

Room Tip: Avoid the front of the building with the bright parking lot lights shining in your window!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Cancelled hotel room for one night after staying for 3 nights, and they still charged me over $200+ for one night stay, for a room I did not stay in during Rally Week. They rip off people and never try to work with them. Phone, and front desk assistence are under trained and over worked. Owner is about money, his, not yours.I called one week later and got the typical run around. No follow up call. I do not recommend staying at this hotel. I travel to Sturgis and Spearfish often, I will never stay there again. My recommendation, get a tent.

Room Tip: Yes, go to another hotel. HI and Fairfield Inn
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard D
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel was clean and quiet. When we went to check we waited 10 min for someone to come to the counter to wait on us, we had reserved the room for one night but had decided that we wouldlike to stay 2. When I asked the clerk if we would be able to get the second night she told me that they were full, but if I wanted to check another hotel she would cancel our reservation, but when I arranged for another hotel and wanted her to give me verification that the room was cancelled she said it was her 2nd day and she didnt want to do that. She tried for quite awhile to get ahold of a manager and when she finally did I was furious at the fact that they had left this young clerk alone without the proper training to know what she could approve and she couldn't. She in turn was upset too. To make a long story short I spoke with the manager and he agreed to accomodate my family for both nights if I agreed to stay with them and cancel the arrangements I had made elsewhere. The other was going to cost me 75.00 more a night so I agreed. The next morning housekeeping appeared at our door at 8:00 in the morning, and we had to advise them that yes we would be acquiring there service but would prefer to at least be dressed first. The hotel has some definate staffing issues that need to be resolved and some training that needs to take place. The also need to learn to communicate better between shifts so that they may know issues that are happening

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Here is my complaint to the Choice Hotels website,

Checked in about 7pm, our room number was 307. Went to dinner in Spearfish and returned to the hotel around 9pm +/-. When we turned down the bed for the night we noticed hairs in the bed sheets. Not just any hair but pubic hairs. To say the least we found it to be disgusting. We called the front desk and it took 30 to 40 minutes to get the bed sheets changed. We found the next morning that the coffee pot had not been cleaned and the grounds from the last guest were still in the filter basket. We also found a folded towel in the bathroom that looked like some blew their nose on it and left disgusting waste on it and put it back into service. For $125.00 ++ it was a major dissappointment and we will not be staying or refer anyone to this hotel. We didn't even get an apology over the bed sheet incident or an offer to move to another room etc. This room had not been cleaned and there appears to be a total lack of quality control or customer service in this hotel.
Really?????????????

Room Tip: You might want to check closely before you put your head on a pillow in this place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family