“Too much DNA”

Recluse, Wyoming
“Too much DNA”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Here is my complaint to the Choice Hotels website,

Checked in about 7pm, our room number was 307. Went to dinner in Spearfish and returned to the hotel around 9pm +/-. When we turned down the bed for the night we noticed hairs in the bed sheets. Not just any hair but pubic hairs. To say the least we found it to be disgusting. We called the front desk and it took 30 to 40 minutes to get the bed sheets changed. We found the next morning that the coffee pot had not been cleaned and the grounds from the last guest were still in the filter basket. We also found a folded towel in the bathroom that looked like some blew their nose on it and left disgusting waste on it and put it back into service. For $125.00 ++ it was a major dissappointment and we will not be staying or refer anyone to this hotel. We didn't even get an apology over the bed sheet incident or an offer to move to another room etc. This room had not been cleaned and there appears to be a total lack of quality control or customer service in this hotel.
Really?????????????

Room Tip: You might want to check closely before you put your head on a pillow in this place.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank framarwyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The wife and I spent two nights here and it met our needs perfectly. Price was right for what we got; bed comfortable and furniture was very comfortable. From here we visited Vore Buffalo Jump, Devils Tower and Deadwood.

Room was particularly quiet, not often the case these days.

Service was very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Great customer service; beautiful and large rooms; excellent price, which included a semi-hot breakfast! We went during low season and were very spoiled, with free milk for our children at night, as we arrived very late and were also allowed a late check-out, free! Rooms were larger than usual standard rooms the same price! Really enjoyed our stay and front desk went out of their way to make us feel welcome!

• Stayed January 2012
luckyone109, Manager at Hampton Inn Spearfish, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back in the furture.
south dakota
Reviewed October 13, 2011

our family stayed here on a whim because they are the ONLY hotel in Spearfish with a waterslide:) The pool was warm, kids LOVED it, the waterslide is INSANE! It is too intense of a waterslide for any under five and difficult to get up to the top for anyone not in decent shape, but our family loved it(all of us except our 3 yr old). The front desk staff was soo overly kind to us, they gave us an amazing room at a very fair rate. There was oatmeal and coffee out all day, the breakfast was SUPERB! The Breakfast area had workers constantly cleaning and making sure we had everything we could desire. The whole place exuded class and cleanliness in a relaxing environment. Also we loved that after a few drinks that evening we were able to take the 2 minute walk across the field to get a delicious pizza at the pizza joint in Walmart.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are impecable!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rapidmommy
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back in the future.
Sacramento, Ca
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I don't understand the comments on here. We stayed 3 nights at the Comfort Suites in Spearfish this month. (SEPT. 2011) We could not have been more pleased with the service at this hotel. The front desk was more that helpful and courteous. The rooms were large and everything was extremely clean. The breakfast was large with many choices for a hot breakfast. I was concerned reading on here before we left and we found the Management totally upfront and honest on prices. We booked this way out so had an extremely good price. All a person has to do is print out their reservation from the computer and take that in. It was not necessary to even show my low price or paperwork. I'm so glad we were not influenced by other comments on here as our stay could not have been better. We travel a great deal as we are retired and can afford to stay any place.
I am giving this stay a 5 for a perfect rating!!!! This is a perfect location for the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel seem to be large and extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
luckyone109, Manager at Hampton Inn Spearfish, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Winnipeg
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were passing through on our way home from Utah. The front desk person that evening seemed to think the breakfast bar opened at 7:00AM when all the signs indicated 6:00AM. As it turned out, the breakfast bar opened at 6:00AM. I went to 2 different drink machines at the hotel only to find out 3 of the 4 drinks I purchased were expired. 2 of the drinks were expired by more than 2 months. The breakfast bar is very basic. The shower should have had water balancing valves but clearly did not. The water turned freezing cold several times during my shower. I found the staff, in particular the evening and morning front desk, to be very indifferent to any questions. I guess this is what happens when you are the only hotel in town with rooms left. I can now understand why they have the Tripadvisor rating they do. One last point, the internet was very very slow.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank don38506
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience. I am sorry that you were dissapointed with the behavior and lack of concern regarding your situation. I am truly sorry that we failed to provide you with the very best. We have also made the appropriate changes to make sure all of the staff is trained with the correct information for the guests.
Spearfish, South Dakota
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Getting married in September and had a bunch of rooms blocked and some of the rooms were not filled up. The manager calls me at 8am and starts being riducoulsly rude to me on the phone telling me that Im getting PENALIZED because the rooms I had blocked were not all filled up. He also had the nerve to tell me that"Obviously nobody is coming to my wedding because they did not book rooms there". He would not listen to my side of the story and was rude the whole time on the phone. He continued to tell me again Im getting Penalized and he is charging me for 35 rooms. Never got my permission to charge my card and he wiped out my whole bank account. I was never told that i would end up being charged for these rooms,never signed any contract and was not given any sort of receipt. Ended up calling a lawyer and my bank to file a claim. I would advise people to think twice before giving this hotel your credit card number and staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank JP0902
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apoligize for the issues you had and the confusion with the reservations. I would greatly appreciate the chance to show you that we can exceed your expectations. So please in the future give us another chance to make your experience a good one.