“Loved the hotel! Loved the Price!”

Hampton Inn Spearfish
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Great customer service; beautiful and large rooms; excellent price, which included a semi-hot breakfast! We went during low season and were very spoiled, with free milk for our children at night, as we arrived very late and were also allowed a late check-out, free! Rooms were larger than usual standard rooms the same price! Really enjoyed our stay and front desk went out of their way to make us feel welcome!

• Stayed: January 2012
luckyone109, Manager at Hampton Inn Spearfish, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back in the furture.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

our family stayed here on a whim because they are the ONLY hotel in Spearfish with a waterslide:) The pool was warm, kids LOVED it, the waterslide is INSANE! It is too intense of a waterslide for any under five and difficult to get up to the top for anyone not in decent shape, but our family loved it(all of us except our 3 yr old). The front desk staff was soo overly kind to us, they gave us an amazing room at a very fair rate. There was oatmeal and coffee out all day, the breakfast was SUPERB! The Breakfast area had workers constantly cleaning and making sure we had everything we could desire. The whole place exuded class and cleanliness in a relaxing environment. Also we loved that after a few drinks that evening we were able to take the 2 minute walk across the field to get a delicious pizza at the pizza joint in Walmart.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are impecable!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rapidmommy

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I don't understand the comments on here. We stayed 3 nights at the Comfort Suites in Spearfish this month. (SEPT. 2011) We could not have been more pleased with the service at this hotel. The front desk was more that helpful and courteous. The rooms were large and everything was extremely clean. The breakfast was large with many choices for a hot breakfast. I was concerned reading on here before we left and we found the Management totally upfront and honest on prices. We booked this way out so had an extremely good price. All a person has to do is print out their reservation from the computer and take that in. It was not necessary to even show my low price or paperwork. I'm so glad we were not influenced by other comments on here as our stay could not have been better. We travel a great deal as we are retired and can afford to stay any place.
I am giving this stay a 5 for a perfect rating!!!! This is a perfect location for the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel seem to be large and extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
luckyone109, Manager at Hampton Inn Spearfish, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were passing through on our way home from Utah. The front desk person that evening seemed to think the breakfast bar opened at 7:00AM when all the signs indicated 6:00AM. As it turned out, the breakfast bar opened at 6:00AM. I went to 2 different drink machines at the hotel only to find out 3 of the 4 drinks I purchased were expired. 2 of the drinks were expired by more than 2 months. The breakfast bar is very basic. The shower should have had water balancing valves but clearly did not. The water turned freezing cold several times during my shower. I found the staff, in particular the evening and morning front desk, to be very indifferent to any questions. I guess this is what happens when you are the only hotel in town with rooms left. I can now understand why they have the Tripadvisor rating they do. One last point, the internet was very very slow.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank don38506

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience. I am sorry that you were dissapointed with the behavior and lack of concern regarding your situation. I am truly sorry that we failed to provide you with the very best. We have also made the appropriate changes to make sure all of the staff is trained with the correct information for the guests.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Getting married in September and had a bunch of rooms blocked and some of the rooms were not filled up. The manager calls me at 8am and starts being riducoulsly rude to me on the phone telling me that Im getting PENALIZED because the rooms I had blocked were not all filled up. He also had the nerve to tell me that"Obviously nobody is coming to my wedding because they did not book rooms there". He would not listen to my side of the story and was rude the whole time on the phone. He continued to tell me again Im getting Penalized and he is charging me for 35 rooms. Never got my permission to charge my card and he wiped out my whole bank account. I was never told that i would end up being charged for these rooms,never signed any contract and was not given any sort of receipt. Ended up calling a lawyer and my bank to file a claim. I would advise people to think twice before giving this hotel your credit card number and staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank JP0902

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apoligize for the issues you had and the confusion with the reservations. I would greatly appreciate the chance to show you that we can exceed your expectations. So please in the future give us another chance to make your experience a good one.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Tried to reserve a block of rooms for our wedding. Customer service was AWFUL, Phone manners atrocious, and Staff was so incredibly rude, they HUNG up the phone on ME!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tyrange

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with my behavior and lack of concern regarding this situation. As a consumer, I know how i expect to be treated . I am truly sorry that i failed to provide you with my very best . I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future. I assure you that we will provide you with our very best.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is a lovely hotel, very spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet rooms in a nice setting. The staff are friendly and helpful, but there are just not enough of them and they all seemed harrassed and overworked. There is a general air of penny pinching by management, and this is by no means the cheapest hotel in Spearfish. We were shooed out of breakfast at 9am dead as the only lady on duty had to clear up and clean the breakfast area as well as manage reception.
Breakfast itself was a very poor afair with limited choices and only one day out of our 3 did we get sausage & egg otherwise it was all carborhydrate and poor quality cereal, not even biscuits & gravy,when I asked why I was told it just depends on what we have. Free wi-fi is supposed to be available, but only appears to work in the lobby and not in the rooms, many excuses were given for this, none of them really valid. There is a very nice indoor pool here but it was freezing cold and so made swimming unpleasant.
Spearfish itself is a nice old town and a very good base for exploring the area, close to Deadwood and Lead, with some interesting history. However, should we ever return I think we would choose another hotel, unless management here pulls it's socks up and provides what we expect at a Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room we did and it was
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stokersam

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. First let me apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a guest of our hotel. We have reviewed your concerns and have made the proper changes to ensure that the highest expectations are met for all of our guest. I again apologize and invite you back to give us another chance to show you that we provide our very best for each and every customer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spearfish
Best Western Black Hills Lodge
Hampton Inn Deadwood at Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort
Travelodge Spearfish
Travelodge Spearfish
#7 of 14 in Spearfish

Been to Hampton Inn Spearfish? Share your experiences!