“Fantastic food - service issue”
Review of Bay Leaf Cafe - CLOSED

Bay Leaf Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally owned restaurant with fresh, flavorful, locally produced food, sparkling clean, friendly, supporting the arts in a renovated historical building. Serving wine, beer, espresso, lunch and dinner, some outdoor dining during summer months. We have WiFi. Tell your server if you have specialty dietary needs... we happily accommodate.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The food here is excellent and a good value for the money. We ate on a particularly busy night and had a newbie waiter who forgot to submit our order to the kitchen. He fessed up, said we would have our food in 10 minutes, and offered us free dessert. We finally got our food 25 minutes after he told us of the issue. To be fair, the restaurant then comped the entire meal - and the food was fantastic! We definitely plan to give them another try.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I ate here twice during a recent trip to the area (staying in Deadwood). As a vegetarian and a fan of light, fresh food, I sometimes have a hard time finding restaurants in this part of the country so this was a great find for me. Everything I had was really tasty (recommend the tabbouleh salad and the rhubarb cake) and the wine was very nice as well. Very pleasant casual atmosphere.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had dinner at the Bay Leaf Café one night while in Spearfish this is a small café down town We split a Buffalo stake dinner (you can split a dinner for a 1.50 extra even then we both had more then enough to eat and each had massed potatoes and shared a large salad

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Fantastic, I will start with that! We were on vacation and I could not stand the thought of a fast food lunch, so I got on the computer and trip advisor to find restaurants in the area. I found the reviews for Bay Leaf and said let's try this place. Fast, very friendly service. I ordered the salmon salad with the herb dinner roll. It was delicious and my son ordered the grilled turkey club, he loved it. We split a huge piece of chocolate cake for desert. Prices were fair for the amount of food and exceptional taste. My only regret is I am not in the area anymore to eat there again.

2  Thank WyomingWild
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 12. The hostess was very friendly and accommodating. The server could have been a little more up beat.

The cheese curds and homemade dressings are AMAZING. Excellent local beers. Two people in our group had the elk burger, neither of them liked it. They said said it tasted like a frozen patty with pepper.

I enjoyed the Buffalo burger. It was very tender. Gyros were good too. Good desserts.

1  Thank Sillygirl538