“Loved the interesting menu choices.”
Review of Bay Leaf Cafe

Bay Leaf Cafe
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Spearfish
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally owned restaurant with fresh, flavorful, locally produced food, sparkling clean, friendly, supporting the arts in a renovated historical building. Serving wine, beer, espresso, lunch and dinner, some outdoor dining during summer months. We have WiFi. Tell your server if you have specialty dietary needs... we happily accommodate.
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Loved the interesting menu choices.”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I ate at the Bay Leaf for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at the menu choices. A nice chance to sample things I had never eaten before. Liked it very much and will return again to try something different.

Visited March 2014

“Unique Food, Local Feel”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I ate at the Bay Leaf Cafe for lunch and it was wonderful! I was very surprised to see so many different choices on the menu. I ordered the Mediterranean plate that included hummus, falafel, and warm pita. It was so nice to have this option on the menu. This option was right alongside buffalo and elk burgers too! As a matter of fact, my boyfriend had a Ruben. Loved the choices and the atmosphere!

• Visited April 2014
Taffy T, Owner at Bay Leaf Cafe, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for your review Nichole... I am so pleased that you enjoyed your lunch here at the Bay Leaf... I looked at your profile and it looks like you have been to many wonderful places... I hope you enjoyed the Black Hills and Spearfish... spread the word... we love showing people how wonderful South Dakota is ... and we love preparing food that makes travelers happy.... TAFFY
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Best food in town”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Bay Leaf is the most consistently good food place in Spearfish. It's fresh, healthy and delicious. The Alaskan seafood special is a favorite. People flock there on Wednesdays for the Monte Cristo sandwich.

• Visited January 2014
Taffy T, Owner at Bay Leaf Cafe, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you Frau for your review... We do try to be consistent... and since French is in the kitchen for every meal time that we are open... his love of cooking and baking does show up in every meal. I read your profile and since you live in Spearfish, you might want to attend our next Seafood Festival (May 2nd & 3rd... reservations required)... We hope you come in again soon.. and you can give your email address to a server and we can get you on our Newsletter list... or you can check our web page for details. Again thanks TAFFY
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Eat Here”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Bay Leaf has great atmosphere and great food. The staff are always friendly. Try to make it for Wednesday's lunch special. You will not go wrong choosing the Monte Cristo.

• Visited February 2014
Taffy T, Owner at Bay Leaf Cafe, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Greetings Skier... Thanks for your review.. the Monte Cristo is truly a favorite... I read your profile... you will soon be able to store the skis and get your motorcycle dusted off... We will have the outdoor tables up soon... Hope to see you then... TAFFY
Rapid City, South Dakota
“An Attention Getter”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I've had multiple experiences here and both were wonderful. The first time I dined here when I was still a kid and I had a great sandwich there and I remember it so well because of how delicious it was. The second time I dined there with my boyfriend about 5 years later, I had their steak Caesar salad which was to die for. You must go there! It's sophisticated but easy going. There is beautiful local artwork to gaze at while you are waiting for you food. The atmosphere is ambient. The prices are in the middle range but are worth your while. Make sure to stop there when you are in the beautiful city of Spearfish!

• Visited July 2013