“Fantastic food in a simple setting”
Review of Bay Leaf Cafe

Bay Leaf Cafe
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Spearfish
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Locally owned restaurant with fresh, flavorful, locally produced food, sparkling clean, friendly, supporting the arts in a renovated historical building. Serving wine, beer, espresso, lunch and dinner, some outdoor dining during summer months. We have WiFi. Tell your server if you have specialty dietary needs... we happily accommodate.
“Fantastic food in a simple setting”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The simple looks of this restaurant are deceiving. It looked a but pricey for dinner but when we tasted the food, we were pleased to spend it. (The $8 average listed must be for lunch. Dinner menu sandwiches run are around $10 and other dishes are $13 to $20.) After 9 days on the road it was great to have delicious food in a relaxed setting. Our server wasn't as knowledgable of the menu as we expected, but he was willing to find the answers. And his prompt and polite service showed that he did care but was still learning. I highly recommend Bay Leaf Cafe.

• Visited August 2013

Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
“Freshly prepared at a good price”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had the Elk burger and my wife had the Greek Moussaka. We both thoroughly enjoyed the vibe with all of the art. Great place to stop by in historic Spearfish.

• Visited August 2013
Healy, Alaska
“Don't miss this gem of a restaurant!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I spotted this restaurant on line a few years ago when doing a bit of research on Spearfish - looked exactly like the type of place I love to dine at and I was not disappointed! I only wish I could have returned to try their dinner menu, as there were several dishes I would have loved to try.
We had some of the best created salads - good quality greens and fresh ingredients, the best salads we had while in South Dakota. I had their spinach pie and spouse had the salad nicoise with the tuna - both were excellent. Service was good and the café is very inviting - both inside and out. Don't miss this café while you are in Spearfish - well worth your time.

• Visited July 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Place To Eat!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at the Bay Leaf cafe. It was the last day of our Western vacation and I really wanted a trout dinner. Bay Leaf has several varieties of fresh fish. My grilled trout was fresh and very good. It came with a choice of soup or salad, potato, and grilled fresh vegetables. The mashed potatoes tasted made from scratch. They also make their salad dressings. They have an extensive list of homemade desserts. If you want a drink with dinner, they serve many types of beers and wines.The cafe also has an extensive vegetarian menu.

• Visited July 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Sweet and sunny”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

What a friendly and relaxed place for a delicious lunch in Spearfish! Terrific selection of food options. We shared a Mediterranean Platter to start and then had a Gyro each. Everything was fresh and tasty. We sat outside on the sidewalk in the shade and enjoyed the sunny afternoon. We couldn't have felt more looked after by the lady that served us.

Visited July 2013