“The best burger I ever ate.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bum Steer - CLOSED

The Bum Steer
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Huron, South Dakota
“The best burger I ever ate.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was skeptical when my daughter said it was the best burger she'd ever had, but I am a believer now! Also had the vegetable seafood soup, which was excellent. The atmosphere is really neat, and the wait staff was friendly and helpful. Can't wait for the next visit!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank AlwaysL8_1968

“Go for the awesome salad bar and skip the steak.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very disappointing for a venue whose tag phrase is "a place for steaks". Especially when they cannot follow their own guidelines for steak doneness. If just one steak had neen overcooked I would have been fine with it, but they were all way past rare as we had ordered. The steaks were not only overcooked but lacked flavor. Service and atmosphere were great! I highly recommend the salad bar and risotto but skip the steaks!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sweetkrissy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Our best meal in the Hills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Recomended by a lovely lady at the Chamber of Commerce ( which is very good) in Spearfish.We were very,very happy.It has good wine list,with complimentary tasting of a few choices to help you make up your mind,a terrific salad and soup bar and some of the best steaks we have had in our many visits out West.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank ELM6
Columbus, Montana
“Very Good Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place has an awesome salad bar and great food. The staff is friendly and on the ball. I eat steaks when I go there along with a trip to the salad bar. I really enjoy being able to watch the kitchen staff in action.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bob J
Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States
“Salad Bar was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The salad bar was really great. We were there for lunch and the service was a little slow for them not being busy but the food was good, we will be back again.

Visited October 2012