“Wonderful lunch!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Spearfish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 13, 2014

On a recent trip to South Dakota, my daughter and I happened upon the Green Bean for lunch. I am so glad we did. The food was VERY good and the prices reasonable. The atmosphere was quaint like sitting on a friend's porch or in their kitchen. We both had a panini and both were great. I would certainly stop here again.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Relax on the porch while enjoying a hearty sandwich. Many coffee choices and coffee specialties are available as well as refreshing frozen and iced beverages. Make sure to stop in next time you are in Spearfish.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife & I rode the Harley to the Green Bean for our first visit, We both had the special where you get a half sandwich and a cup of soup. I had half of a Reuben and a cup of chicken pot pie soup, my wife had half of a roast beef and a cup of corn chowder. Both were excellent! We see now why this eatery is rated so highly by our Tripadvisor reviewers. We will be back.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Green Bean is a coffeehouse and sandwich place with a lot of charm. They have two locations - I've also been to the one in Belle Fourche and it's similar. The service has always been friendly. They have beverage loyalty cards - buy ten get one free. There are a lot of varieties of paninis and wraps. My mom got the panini that had apple, bacon, and cheese with it, and it was delicious. I usually get coffee but have also had their veggie wrap, which is pretty good and packed with veggies, and all their sandwiches come with chips and a pickle. The atmosphere is one of the best parts - outside dining on the patio surrounded by trees. Inside it is a converted house so there are different rooms you can sit in. I always ask what the coffee special is, getting lattes with different flavor combinations. There is a drive-through, which is great for picking up a coffee. They're open later, I think to 8 pm right now, so you can get their stuff for dinner too.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I saw the great reviews on TripAdvisor, so decided to try it for lunch. We both had panini sandwiches, which were outstanding. We also enjoyed their shaken iced tea, which is available in many flavors--it was excellent, only mildly sweet. Very pleasant layout to this shop, with many different seating options.