“Beautiful!”
Review of Spearfish Canyon

Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Spearfish
More attraction details
Owner description: This scenic 19-mile drive in the Black Hills that passes cliffs, waterfalls and the Spearfish Creek gives one the feeling they are in the rainforest.
Destin, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stunning. I saw a frozen waterfall! Plenty of areas to stop and take pictures- also paths for hiking, areas for fishing (catch and release only I think). This was my favorite part about visiting Spearfish! Love roughlock falls- also had a friend bring me up to community cave from here- and devil's bathtub. So many places to hike in Spearfish. I love it!
Weather was abit crazy though. One day it's sunny and warm in February, the next it's a freak snowstorm, and on the third day everything is melted, warm and sunny again. : )

(I accidentally posted some of this under scenic byway by mistake, it belongs here)

Visited February 2014

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My Honey and I went to the canyon to see what it looked like since his grandmother and mother said it was really nice...SUPER BEAUTIFUL!!..It was the first time I had seen a waterfall..I can't wait to go back and picnic there this coming Summer... :-)

Visited July 2013
Oakwood, Illinois
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“One of the Most Beautiful Places in the Country”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Searfish Canyon has soaring canyon walls, a lovely stream, and three small waterfalls.I think this is the best of the best of South Dakota; do not miss this if you are in the area.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jewella72
Casper, Wyoming
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful Drive! :)”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Such a beautiful drive! Don't forget to stop at Roughlock Falls to check out the waterfall! :) My family and I do this drive at least once a year and it never seems to get old. It's nice to see the canyon in the summer and in the fall too when the leaves change colors.

Visited September 2013
waldorf
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very nice drive.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful spot to visit while in Spearfish. Make sure you have your camera. You won't bee disappointed. The canyons are massive and beautiful.

Visited November 2013

Been to Spearfish Canyon? Share your experiences!