“Great place near the arena and Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Topeka, Kansas
“Great place near the arena and Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Very friendly staff that call you by name. Rooms are very comfy and adequate for business travelers. WIFI is really slow so be ready for that. Restaurant was average until I tried the pheasant soup which was fantastic and a trade mark dish of theirs. This hotel is connected to the arena, and about two miles from the airport so very convenient. Stay on the 6th floor and you get access to the private continental breakfast in the morning. I will return

Room Tip: 6th floor has complimentary breakfast
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear HR C,
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoy our property and pheasant soup! We look forward to welcoming you back to Sioux Falls.
Karen Masterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Disappointed that wi-fi was $10.95 per night. For such a nice hotel, everything additional had an extra cost from the water in your room. Nothing complimentary here. You literally have to pay for anything else you want.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Emiliano G
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Our room was very clean, quiet and spacious. Apparently road work and construction has been going on for well over a year. They are nearly finished. I read other reviews about noise and such. We found the staff to be helpful and were not bothered by any noise inside or outside the hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Gina M,
Thank you for sharing your review. I am happy to hear that our property and staff met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent the night here when we attended a relative's wedding. The hotel was at capacity. All things being equal with a room, the hotel staff makes or breaks the experience. This is where this hotel broke down. The staff appeared to be overwhelmed and poorly trained. I am also writing this on behalf of several relatives who also stayed there.

First, the elevators could not handle the traffic and you waited quite a while for one to appear going in your direction. My husband and I ended up taking the stairs for the most part although we were on the fifth floor. My key card stopped working so I walked downstairs. The front desk staff made me a new one. I walked up. The key card didn't work. I walked down. They made me another one. I walked upstairs. It didn't work. I walked downstairs. By this time I was furious. How hard is it to make a key card? I was very upset. They made another key card. They didn't promise this one would work. One desk person called maintenance. I walked upstairs again. This card finally worked. Four attempts, lots of stairs, and I was finally able to get in my room. Maintenance had not appeared.

The restaurant at breakfast was total chaos. The staff only noticed you when you did something wrong --- my husband started to pour syrup out of a bottle on the buffet counter and was told not to---there was syrup on the table. There were bowls for oatmeal, no milk, and so on. We ordered eggs. It took quite a while for them to appear. Nope, those belonged to a different table. The wait staff seemed besieged at times and disorganized at best. When we went to pay the bill the cashier did not subtract the breakfast vouchers we had. She was unable to complete this simple transaction and gave up.
More fun ensued. My sister-in-law was double billed for her room. It's several days later and we're hoping our bill was correct as it hasn't posted yet.

Overall, I don't think we'll stay here again. The Sheraton will respond to this, so be aware that they are trying to blunt the impact of this review because they don't want potential customers to be scared off, and that I will not have an opportunity to answer their comments. I'm saying this because the experience didn't have to be this bad. The room was ok. The staff couldn't handle the hotel at capacity. If the Sheraton is wise, they will learn from this review and either train their staff or not allow the hotel to get full.

Room Tip: The Atrium can get noisy. A relative with a room in one of the wings said the hallway was very hot.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank poodytat
Dear poodytat,
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay as it plays an integral role in our goal of complete guest satisfaction. With that said, what you experienced is not acceptable and I plan on sharing your review with my management team. Thank you again for your review.

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Aberdeen, SD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were in Sioux Falls for a family reunion and due to the location which was close to reunion activities some of our group stayed at the Sheraton in 6 different rooms. Others stayed at the Ramada across the street. While the large atrium in the center of the building which was open all the way to the top was attractive it was terribly noisy. People in the bar on the main floor were partying till all hours and no attempt that we could see was ever made to quiet the crowds. We stayed there over the weekend of July 18 - 20 and we quickly realized that dozens of young basketball teams were also staying there and the noise of kids running up and down the halls slamming doors kept up until 2 AM both nights. Our group was staying in rooms all over the hotel, including the Executive wing which was not over the atrium and we compared notes in the morning and discovered every one of us were kept awake much of the night. We did go out and ask the kids involved to quiet down which made no difference. One of the group called security after having no luck himself and apparently this made no difference as well. It was terribly unpleasant to say the least.
Other issues - they charge for wifi? Really? The sheets were uncomfortable - they were stiff and noisy. Every time I turned over it sounded like stiff plastic. I was so surprised to see our room had two double beds instead of queen size. Looking back at my reservations I see it did say double beds but it's rare these days to expect two people to sleep comfortably in double beds. While the breakfast buffet was good and not expensive at $11, for the price we paid for our room a free continental breakfast would have been nice.
The group who stayed at the Ramada paid less for their rooms and had no complaints at all about the rooms or the service. I wish we would have joined them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very comfortable stay. Room was well appointed and bedding was excellent. Staff was professional yet friendly. Quiet and close to the airport. Great price. I wish they would offer free wifi. Starbucks coffee was available with the in room coffee maker!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear activetravelerusa,
Thank you for taking time to share your review. I am happy to hear that your overall experience was a great one. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sioux Falls in the future!
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Crowded chaotic catastrophe. Poor service, under staffed, poorly trained. Review your options before deciding to stay at this location. There are most definitely other options that offer better options for the rate. Only plus was the location.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank BryceP4
Dear BryceP4,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I would like to apologize for your less than comfortable stay. I have shared your review with my management team. I hope you will consider giving us another try.