“Another great stay at the Sheraton in Sioux Falls”

Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times while visiting family in Sioux Falls. We like the spaciousness of the property and the rooms are nicely done and decorated, with plenty of elbow room.
The hotel was very pet friendly!!
We all (6 adults and 6 gkids!:) enjoyed the very well kept and good size pool on the property, also. The floor in the pool area is REALLY slippery, so be careful!!(Probably needs to be redone to cut down on falls-we had at least 4 or 5!)
This visit was on Easter weekend and my daughters family had their church service in the attached convention center...BONUS!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom T
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear TomT,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that we were able to help make your Easter weekend a great one! I have forwarded your comments to our engineering department regarding the pool area. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here a week ago on a quick overnight trip. The hotel is modern and clean, and the lobby area is very nice with a little waterfall and quick glass elevators. The staff was extremely friendly and eager to please their guests. Our room was spacious and clean. We only had two towels, but that was okay since it was just the two of us. I didn't do a thorough sweep of the room, but everything I encountered was clean and tidy. The king sized bed was comfortable and we each had two pillows. I soaked in the tub before dinner to ease the pain from riding in the car for twelve hours, and the tub was spacious and clean with plenty of hot water. The only downside was that wifi and breakfast aren't included. That's normal for the Sheraton chain who considers themselves to be upscale, but I still find it to be objectionable. I'm grateful that I used a "name your own price" website to book this hotel because I wouldn't have wanted to pay full price, even thought it's a nice hotel. Also, there was no fridge and microwave in our room. I'm not sure if that's true of all of their rooms, but that's something to keep in mind if you're planning an extended stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mylittlebirdie
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Mylittlebirdie,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms especially after your long car ride. If you find yourself staying in Sioux Falls again, I would like to let you know that we have a small inventory of fridges and microwaves available upon request. Safe travels!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stay at the Sheraton quite often on my vacation trips and I have to say this is the worst of the Sheratons. Lets begin with the fact that front desk attendants were not the most friendly and welcoming. Second the room didn't smell too good, the carpet was dirty and when we open the night stand's drawers (just because I always do that at hotels) there was trash and rotten food inside it. Too make matter worst, when I was getting ready for bed and I was moving the pillows around I found a black crawling bug on the pillow case. I was mortified but too exhausted to deal with it, so just kicked the pillows to the floor. It gets worse... I couldn't sleep at all, the room was super stuffy and had allergies all night. I just simply couldn't breath and woke up with a bit of a rush on my skin. I don't know if it was due to construction but it was the worst time I've ever had at a hotel. The bathroom tub didn't drain well at all and the towels were rough and smell bad. Maybe I have just been spoiled by other good quality Sheratons.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ivette R
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Ivette R,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience as it plays a major role in our constant pursuit of complete guest satisfaction. I would like to look further into the issues you experienced during your stay. At your earliest convenience, could you please contact me at Karen.masterson@jqh.com and supply me with the details of your stay. I look forward to speaking with you!

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful rooms, very spacious and updated. Everything new. Did not feel like a motel room. Bathroom spacious and well lit. Was nearly the size of our time share in Branson. Restaurant very good. I would highly recommend this facility!! Nice beds with feather pillows and quiet heating system.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mzimmerma
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Mzimmerma,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that we were able to make your trip back from Branson more comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The hotel is connected to the Sioux Falls Conference Center by an enclosed walkway, which is great if you have an event there. I think the ball field is close by too. The staff that we dealt with was friendly; the lobby/lounge/atrium area was pretty with a waterfall, and the glass fronted elevators were fast. Unfortunately there was no continental breakfast included; no free internet in the room; and no coffee in the lobby.
The bed/bedding was comfortable and clean; the room itself was nice enough but definitely needed better cleaning; there were splatters on walls, hair all over the shower and the drain was plugged and slow. There was no microwave or mini fridge; and the bottles of water next to the coffeepot had $3.95 price tags on them which seems very tacky! Other cons are that it isn't very well sound proofed; there were only 2 towels in the bathroom even though when we booked it we expected to have kids with us; and at 8 A.M. housekeeping woke us knocking on the door to clean, then came back again less than an hour later. On New Years Day! For a room that still costs $110.00 with a group rate I expect more.
There is a business center that has free internet; and an indoor pool and fitness center that we didn't see. Mainly because of the lack of amenities at the price I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you were going to the Conference Center and absolutely didn't want to have to drive back to your hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Keri_Fitzpatrick
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Keri_Fitzpatrick,

Thank you for taking time to share comments on your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the less than relaxing and comfortable stay that we strive to provide to every one of our guests. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department managers so the issues you described can be dealt with accordingly. We hope you will consider staying with us again!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is actually the third or fourth time I've tried this property, and once again, my stay was outstanding. There was some road construction on the bypass to get there off the interstate this time, but it all went very well. This property is adjacent to the city's Conference Center [and a couple sports complexes] so it's safe to say it caters to more of a "business crowd," although they were prepping for two weddings while I was there. I was traveling alone and asked for a King Exec Suite, and I will do this again -- so spacious, clean, and comfortable. I don't always find Starwood properties in some of my travels, but there is no question I'll keep returning to this Sheraton, even driving a tad out of my way, if need be.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Bill W
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Our group had our meeting at the Sioux Falls Convention Center which is attached to this hotel. The convenience factor for this was really nice, but the hotels quality speaks for itself. Nice sized rooms, clean, good pricing, and has all the amenities for your stay. Nice place.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business