“Wonderful stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
rhuby72
“Wonderful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel for business. There were some minor annoyances because of renovations. However, the newly-remodeled room I had was gorgeous! My one complaint, as a previous reviewer stated, is the door gap that not only allows light in but also noise from the atrium. Hopefully that is rectified soon. The highlight of the stay was Kirsten at the front desk. She displayed a level of service that is too rare these days. She was professional and courteous. This is my go-to hotel for business and I highly recommend it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rhuby72
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Rhuby72,
Thank you for your comments and recommendations. I am glad that you enjoyed the newly-remodeled rooms. All newly-renovated rooms are being outfitted with a threshold to help alleviate some of the issues you experienced during your stay. If you experience any issues during your future stays please call the front desk and as you already know, they will be more than happy to assist. Thank you again for taking time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Karen Masterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Marlton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spent several days in the hotel and have nothing bad to report. I was greated by very helpful staff who helped to make my stay a great one. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the airport which made everything very convenient. While the hotel is nice sized it has a comfortable feel. It is not in close walking distance of attractions but everything is not that far away.

My room was a suite with a king bed and full couch. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: The bar is centrally located as the rooms work in a square around it. I was on the 3rd floor and al...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear pfg88,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It’s nice to hear that you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband went to a conference and my daughter and I tagged along. The location to the convention center is great but the location in the city isn't the greatest - but we had the car so it wasn't a big deal. The room was OK. I think it was one of the refurbished ones. The phone didn't work so we couldn't call down to the front desk or order room service. The hotel restaurant was hit & miss. My hubby loved his burger but there was plastic wrap in my nasty chicken noodle soup. They did make a new bowl of soup that was fresh but the service was so slow I really didn't eat much of it. The pool was very nice for family fun. There was one other family using it so we had lots of room and my daughter loved it. We choose not to pay $11 per device for wi-fi so we just watched cable tv (but there wasn't a tv guide anywhere in the room either). Overall it was ok but for the price, I'd rather stay in other places in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear DakotaGirl18,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I would like to apologize for what you experienced in our restaurant. Please be assured that what you experienced is unacceptable and will be addressed with the appropriate departments. I hope you decide to give us another try. Thank you again for your comments!

Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Great all around hotel. Nice rooms and amenities. Very pet friendly. Nice staff. Overall excellent for both people and pets. Restaurant for watching Monday Night football next to the indoor waterfall.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear bm12000,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to your return to Sioux Falls.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Let me just say getting to the hotel and the check in were not good experiences. The hotel is pretty old but they are in the middle of a remodel. They thing that saved the experience wAs the next morning I complained to the manager Annette and she was 100% professional and handled things great and I left actually being able to say I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lame420,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize for your less than great arrival and check-in. Although we did not meet your expectations in those areas, I am happy to hear that our staff was able to redeem the situation. We hope to see you back soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Got a good rate on this hotel via Priceline on our way to Mt. Rushmore. The staff was nice, putting us in the executive wing, which is away from the atrium/bar. The room itself was clean and we had no problems with it. Hotel has an interesting model of Sioux Falls in the bar area along with some nice glass elevators. Road directly outside the hotel is being worked on, although there was no noise from that. It's about a 15 minute drive to the Sioux Falls Park with the construction, but they are definitely worth seeing. Would recommend.,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DLExplorer
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear DLExplorer,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon!
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Two rooms were needed. A King and a double Queen. Not a Queen and pull out couch. 2 Queens Twice this was verified by phone calls with actual humans, for late arrivals. We arrived. only find that there were no rooms available with two queens. (There were, but now they are not) And since it is my policy to not quibble with the 2 moron twins, I accepted my rooms. Clean. BUT NO PILLOW CASES! Moron #1 brought them up.

Otherwise clean, no one was discourteous. Won't to back there again.

Room Tip: hallways not quiet on the executive side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wettap
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear wettap,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Without it we cannot fix the issues that concern our guests. I want to sincerely apoligize for the experience you had at our hotel. I assure you this is not the normal practice, and the appropriate department managers have been notified to assure proper training and coaching is in place going forward. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that our guest happiness is top priority.