Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Okay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very clean and worth the money. The hotel staff could have been more helpful at checkin (didn't tell us where our room was) so we took the wrong elevator. We finally got to our room, but it wasn't the one we reserved. I guess if you book online, you only get what is leftover. We called for a rollaway and finally got one an hour and a half early. It was somewhat annoying, but this would not stop me from going again. Vey nice, clean rooms.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is built around a large atrium in the center. A large number of the rooms have their doors opening to the atrium, and this makes for very loud interiors. I was on the second floor, closer to the bar in the middle of the atrium, but my colleague was a few floors up and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. The crowds were fairly quiet late at night, but there is still a lot of noise. I could hear the front desk phones ringing at all hours.

The hotel can't really fix this issue, but they can improve the customer service. It wasn't completely awful, but they were not at all friendly or helpful. I will say that there was probably a lot of stress due to an ice storm, but I really can't believe that level of unfriendly service isn't the norm because it was pervasive. The food also left a lot to be desired. We did eat at the hotel restaurant a few times because the food wasn't so bad that it was worth risking the icy streets. We did think long and hard about it though.

There are plenty of other hotels in the area, and I'll stay elsewhere should I return to Sioux Falls on business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Elmwood, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This Sheraton is going through a remodeling stage. Evidently, they are beginning Stage III, which are the guest rooms. The lobby and restaurant area are very nice. The food is very good. They serve a pheasant and wild rice soup that is exceptional. Service is average however. The rooms are okay, but I am hoping the new renovations will make them much more accommodating...think power plugs and Internet speed. Overall, not to bad of a stay, I am looking forward to returning in the summer so I can see a minor league baseball game...the stadium is right across the parking lot.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TAR16
LMartin395, Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you got the opportunity to try our local menu items! We look forward to having you back when we are fully renovated and also in those warm summer months.

Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

What a joke of a hotel. 10 dollars a day Internet or 2.99 a hour . Do NOT USE the hotel phone to make calls. They charged a 11 dollar connection fee to canada per CALL and if no one answers and the answering machine does not turn on, you're still paying 11 dollars. After a 3 night stay it came to 225$ for the phone bill, more than we paid for the hotel. Crappy no name beer on tap costs 5.75 @ the lounge, what a joke. There is no fridge in the room but you can open your Window and keep your brews nice n chilled, at the cost of hotel heating. I won't be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mike F
LMartin395, Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. We are glad that we were able to rectify the phone charges prior to your departure! We try to clearly outline the charges in the room but we know that there are always mistakes.

Thanks,

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Durango
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night and while the room was very nice I was pretty disappointed with the whole experience. Upon arrival at midnight I was trying to check in and the lady who was checking me in was speaking to a couple of her friends, a couple that were obviously very drunk. I had to wait 5 minutes before she would even acknowledge me. The drunk people wouldn't leave me or my crew alone. We were wearing flight suits as we had just finished arrival mission on a jet (our job) and we were exhausted. The drunks wouldn't stop heckling me or my crew. I finally got my keys and went to the room which was nice and quiet. I went onto my computer in my room and found out the Internet was $11.00 per day. I called the front desk who advised me that because a Starwood member that would be waived upon check out. So I paid with my "incidentals" credit card. The next morning the front desk refuses to waive the charges. The shuttle that was to pick us up from the airport was over an hour getting to us and its only about 5-10 minutes to the airport. Rip off hotel, no free breakfast, expensive Internet. Beautiful hotel, but crappy customer service. Won't be back.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Peanutranch
Stevensville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Lobby is nice and tastefully done. The hotel serves Starbucks beyond brewed coffee but it is not a full Starbucks. Rooms are alright, bedding was warm, bed is fairly comfortable though the sheet doesn't want to stay on. There is no water pressure which is such a bummer in my book. Hair dryer also one of the tiny ones you find in a Super 8...my diffuser won't fit on it. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. Breakfast on the 6th floor was alright, not an extensive selection.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LMartin395, Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for writing us a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our brand new lobby! You will have to come back and see us as we are consistently making upgrades as well as changing our Club Level menu.

Thanks,
Atkinson, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

While attending a meeting I stayed at the Sheraton. What a pleasant surprise. My room was comfortable and roomy. The decor maked me at ease, even though it was snowing outside. I do not understand the negative comments, as they do not reflect my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
LMartin395, Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. While we cannot control the weather you should definitely come back and visit us this summer when it warms up! There are so many great outdoor things to do in Sioux Falls.

Have a great day!