“Nice hotel, better if you have status”

Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Lobby is nice and tastefully done. The hotel serves Starbucks beyond brewed coffee but it is not a full Starbucks. Rooms are alright, bedding was warm, bed is fairly comfortable though the sheet doesn't want to stay on. There is no water pressure which is such a bummer in my book. Hair dryer also one of the tiny ones you find in a Super 8...my diffuser won't fit on it. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. Breakfast on the 6th floor was alright, not an extensive selection.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
LMartin395, Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you so much for writing us a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our brand new lobby! You will have to come back and see us as we are consistently making upgrades as well as changing our Club Level menu.

Thanks,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

While attending a meeting I stayed at the Sheraton. What a pleasant surprise. My room was comfortable and roomy. The decor maked me at ease, even though it was snowing outside. I do not understand the negative comments, as they do not reflect my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
LMartin395, Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. While we cannot control the weather you should definitely come back and visit us this summer when it warms up! There are so many great outdoor things to do in Sioux Falls.

Have a great day!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I am not staying at this hotel because of the Customer Service I have already received. I can not rate the quality of this hotel, however, the quality of Customer Service is a reason why I will never book a Sheraton.

I put in a reservation on Sunday, January 5th, staying 1 night on January 27th. for a Conference that I am attending. I spoke with Customer Service and they told me the Room Code I gave them had expired. (I do have an email from the director of this conference that the rate was ending midnight on January 5th. The room rate the director quoted me was for $89.00.)

I did hold the room on my credit card, for a room rate of $185.00 (this is the only room that was available). I am not blaming anyone if the rate did expire, however, the rep at Sheraton said group sales would be in contact with me via phone in 48 hours to see if there was something they could do to honor the rate or at least work with me on this. I did want to stay with the rest of the group.

By Thursday morning, I still did not hear from Sheraton. I called in and spoke with a rep. She was very nice and verified my phone number and saw that Group Reservations had not returned my call yet. She said, "Well, they are busy. I will put in another request and I promise they will call you in 12 hours. If they don't, call back."

I waited until Saturday morning, because Sheraton is "busy". The rep looked at my reservation again. He said, "I see no one had contacted you yet. You will receive a phone call by 6pm today. Group Sales is very busy."

I ended up called Sunday night again. I told the rep what happened and he read through my notes. He said that he saw the 2 times I called by nothing on Saturday and he was unsure as to why the would tell me Group Sales would contact me in 12 hours. I asked to be transferred to Group Sales and he said he couldn't do that. I asked to speak with a manager, he said no one was available at this time.

I ended up canceling the reservation. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT mind paying full price for a hotel room, but I would appreciate a rep calling me back within the time frame of when they tell me. I also will not pay $200.00 for a hotel room in Sioux Falls, they booked me a king suite but I just wanted a standard room.

I can say after this experience, I will stick with a different hotel company, not Sheraton.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank wweiss
LMartin395, Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Please let me first apologize and let you know how sincerely sorry that you had a less than perfect experience. We take full responsibility for this incident and have taken measures to make sure it will not happen again. Please call me personally for any future reservations – 605-331-0100. Please ask for in-house reservation. Again, my apologies to you, I can only ask that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Sheraton in Sioux Falls based on it's star rating. I would not have awarded it more than 2.5 stars. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was great, but the room itself was dirty. There was a large questionable red stain on the bedspread, as well as some sort of large bug had died in the shower light fixture. The hallway carpet also had noticeable sagging and bumps. There was a note that the hotel was undergoing renovations, so perhaps the room we stayed in had not been renovated yet. I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Eclat_ca

Thank you so much for taking the time to review. I am excited to share with you that we will be renovated the rest of our hotel this year. I will also make sure to have the engineering team take a look at the hallway carpeting. We hope to see you again soon and appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Sheraton is the hotel to book on any stay while in Sioux Falls. The Club Level has a nice afternoon spread of snacks and beverages to relax and kick back. The rooms are spacious and functional. Easy to navigate wireless. The hotel has the typical open atrium in the middle with a basic bar and restaurant. Close to the airport and only 5 minutes to downtown. This is the best of the newer business oriented hotels built in the city in the last ten years.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank t-bonetraveller

Thank you so much for writing us a review! If you enjoyed the afternoon snacks and beverages in the club lounge just wait until you try the breakfast or the evening cocktails! We are so glad that you had such a wonderful experience and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks again!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here Dec. 29, 2012. It couldn't have been any nicer. It's beautifully designed, from the welcoming lobby to the relaxing room. It's great having a pool and hot tub inside while knowing just on the other side of the windows it was below zero! The staff was as friendly as could be, the food in the restaurant was good, and the bed was super comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank windelkin
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel is under renovations but unlike some other reviewers our room was okay. The beds were very comfy and the room was clean. I really enjoyed the pool which is heated enough that an adult can enjoy the water. The bar closed at 10PM so I didn't experience the lobby noise that other reviewers complained about.

My only real complaint is the housekeeping staff that knocked on my room repeatedly until I answered at 8:15 on a Saturday morning. When I answered she wanted to clean the room that we were clearly still in. I think there needs to be some better communication about which rooms are empty for the staff to clean. It's annoying to be woken up that early.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family