“Still pretty nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Madison
“Still pretty nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Recent trip to Sioux Falls brought me here again. Stayed for one night. Still nice, and clean.

Stayed in the executive section. Newer section of the hotel.

Their printers in the work areas did not work again, just like the last time I was there...like 5 months or so ago. Maybe they should get new printers or something. Went to front desk, they let me use their computers there.

Food was pretty good. Ate at the restaurant in the main floor for breakfast.

Internet was pretty good too.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the executive section
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ClickTheGeek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Always on Vacation
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Nicely redone rooms and lobby area. Bathrooms were still outdated and need some attention, but everything else including window coverings and linens was real nice. My only complaints are some common area noise at night (from the bar) and double beds. Next time I will make sure to get queens or a king and a pull out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Westhawk
Bronson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton 2 nights last summer while vacationing in SD. This time we traveled with another couple and only stayed one night. Once again, our stay was wonderful! No complaints about the room (size, cleanliness, features, etc) or its location. I did, however, put in a request when booking the rooms that they be located no lower than the 4th floor, and my request was honored! Yes, the noise from the bar at the bottom of the atrium does waft upward, but we were all so exhausted from a 12-hour drive that we were out fairly quickly. That, and I did stick the couch pillows in front of the door, just for good measure. For the money, I simply don't think you can get a better stay in Sioux Falls. Perhaps there is a room (or rooms) that need some slight repairs (just going by pictures posted by other reviewers), but all the rooms I've had experience with were in very good shape. As I said before, we'll stay here again if in the Sioux Falls area!

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank epica101
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Most rooms are off of the large and impressive main room in which the restaurant and bar are located. From the 3rd floor, the intoxicated patrons were so loud we could not sleep. The archaic televisions receive a whopping 45 channels, which would be ok if we could stream tv shows from the internet, but get this-- a 3 star hotel IN THIS CENTURY charges $2 an hour for internet access!!! No emails, wifi for smartphones, NOTHING. The business center offers very limited computer with very limited browsers (incapable of uploading jpegs) for free. The pool and exercise rooms were nice; the pool however, is too shadow for laps, but is perfect for children. My anniversary evening was spent calling other hotels for a room and when finding none, stuffing sheets and towels in the crack of the doors and suffering through infomercials to drown out the raucous laughing and shouting from downstairs. When I called guest services, I was interrupted before completing my request and was told the bartender would ask the people to quiet down (no change however). The wallpaper was peeling off, the vents were covered with dust, rust covered the fire sprinklers, and a shrill whistling accompanied the air conditioner, which caused us to have to sleep with it off. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS FRUSTRATING ESTABLISHMENT. I couldn't give this place half a star.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank n8nkt
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
It is the philosophy of our hotel to exceed our guest expectation and we failed to accomplish this for you. I sincerely apologize for the lack of attention to detail our hotel demonstrated during your stay. We are taking steps to ensure these housekeeping and engineering details are not over looked during our daily room inspections. We do have rooms located in a quiet area including our executive addition and atrium wings

Our hotel is also continuing our $6 million dollar renovation that includes guest rooms.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Karen Masterson

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton for one night on our way out west from Chicago. It's a little ways away from the I-90 exit (it's right by the airport so more convenient for flying into Sioux Falls). However, after staying in a small town in Minnesota where Billy Bob punched out Bobby Joe during a family reunion that lasted all night, it was refreshing to stay in a place that was clean, quiet, safe and had nice amenities. We were too zonked from driving to hit the pool, but the lounge area had decent food and the service was good. Breakfast was a little pricey (two bowls of cereal for the kids and yogurt granola parfait for my husband and myself totalled over $40), but I have to say it was a really good yogurt parfait, as yogurt parfaits go.

The room was clean, updated and a good size with two queen beds. The only negative thing I can say was that the sheets were "noisy"-they felt almost like paper and crinkled a lot. But if that's the only noise you hear (instead of Bobby Sue outside your door lamenting "Why'd you hit your brother? Now he needs medical attention!" at 2 in the morning, I'd say it was still a quiet hotel. Not that I should make fun of people but after driving through Wisconsin and Minnesota for 8 hours you don't have much tolerance left. Anyway. We'd definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, but there are some things to keep in mind about this property. It's a GREAT location if you are flying in and out and need a room right by the airport. It's also obviously a great location if you're attending an event at the convention center.

It's not a great location if you're going to the Empire Mall, if you're going to any of the (very fine) hospitals in Sioux Falls, or if you want to explore some of the finer dining spots around town. Those things are all on the other side of Sioux Falls. (Sioux Falls isn't a huge city, but there are a zillion hotels closer to those venues). There are a few restaurants around this property and one on-site, but not a lot of choices. The area is mostly an industrial area of town that really doesn't have a lot to offer in terms of dining, shopping, or even running to a convenience store.

The check-in went smoothly (the staff weren't exactly falling all over themselves to make guests feel welcome, but we got through it). The lobby is VERY noisy, given both a running water fountain and an open bar/restaurant area that is in the middle of the lobby. The fact that all of this noise happens in the middle of an open area that is six stories high creates acoustical problems and makes conversation difficult. People with hearing difficulties might want to bring someone along to help out with check-in. Schedule important conversations for a different location, because the bar/restaurant is not at all conducive to chatting.

The pool/whirlpool area is clean, but STEP CAREFULLY. The tile surrounding the pool slopes inward toward the pool (obviously to return splashed water to the pool); however, the slope isn't visually clear, and it is VERY hazardous. In fact, another guest stumbled and almost fell shortly after watching me stumble, illustrating that even though you know there's a slope, you don't always see it in the tile pattern. Look twice before you take every step!

The bed was REALLY comfortable, and the room was spacious and well-laid out. I'm a stickler for cleanliness, and I thought it was fine, though I didn't touch the sofa or overstuffed chair in the room (I just find hotel furniture kind of icky so as a matter of practice I avoid them). The bathroom was large and clean.

Overall, it was a good experience. I don't use spa services and didn't eat breakfast, so I can't speak to those elements. I would recommend this property for business travelers and people attending the convention center

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Byron, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We booked the Sheraton Sioux Falls, coming back from our Mt. Rushmore trip. We booked a room on the club floor/6th floor, and also booked a 2-room suites. On the club floor you get afternoon apitizers which were great, and breakfast in the club lounge. I thought that the breakfast could have been way better, and at least offer waffles or pancakes, but just had oatmeal and cerial. The pool and hot tub were awsome, especially the jets. The staff was amazing and the service was great. I also thought that it was nice that that floor was secured from the elevator, because you have to use your key to get to the floor. The only bad thing about the stay, was that the breakfast was lame and the elevators made a loud beeping noise on each floor. Otherwise the entire stay was great, even my 2 kids and husband enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Club rooms are nice, otherwise request for the 5th floor/ high floor room, due to noise and just get...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family