Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center
Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls(Sioux Falls)(Great Value!)
$60
$119
GardenInn.com
$107
Country Inn
$85
$71
QualityInn
Super 8 by Wyndham Sioux Falls(Sioux Falls)(Great Value!)
$70
$100
Dakotah Lodge(Sioux Falls)(Great Value!)
$104
$101
$100
Best Western Empire Towers(Sioux Falls)(Great Value!)
$85
All reviewsconcierge floorfront deskparking garagedowntown areawithin walking distancerestaurants and barsgreat downtown locationhotel barup to dateairport shuttlefitness centerthe hotel is cleanbusiness tripwould stay here againstaff was friendlywe've stayedfree breakfast
Reviewed November 14, 2013

For a jaded New Yorker, my recent trip to Sioux Falls, SD was a breath of fresh, cool air, with a side of tumbleweed! Sioux Falls is a midwest city on the rise, with a revitalized downtown that features boutiques, cafes, galleries, and patisseries! There is more outdoor commissioned art in Sioux Falls than I have seen in many major cities! What a surprise to me.

I was there on business, and my hosts booked the Holiday Inn City Center for me. A courtesy van picked me up at the airport. (They run about every twenty minutes) for the five minute ride to the hotel. The courtesy began there. the diver was a friendly as could be, welcoming, and free with the advice about restaurants and attractions.

The hotel itself in not a destination. The lobby is sparse. There is a homey feeling bar and restaurant adjacent to a really lovely indoor pool. This is cowboy country, and I was not disappointed. Cowboy hats and boots dominated, along with an even tempered friendliness not often encountered in my home state.

The room was pristinely clean, up to date, and included a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The bed was comfortable, and the room was kept at a temperate heat level.

I was in town for an affair that was held in the upstairs ballrrom. It was a spacious, circular area with huge glass windows featuring views of the city at night. The star sight was an enormous cathedral that was the focal point of the Sioux Falls lineup. I had my first taste of the hotel fare at the hors d'oevres bar. Wow! Jumbo shrimp, perfectly steamed and iced. Stuffed mushrooms, several other hot appetizers, appetizing cheese platter and fresh fruits. Everything was beautifully presented and good.

At Sunday breakfast the following morning, I thought we were going to eat until someone in the group died! The hotel features a Sunday breakfast buffet,and they hold nothing back. For $12.00, we were offered coffee, pastries, cereals, yogurt, omelettes, the usual. THEN, there was the carving stand with roast prime rib, fresh turkey, and ham. Mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables, and those enormous shrimp again. Did I mention the dessert bar? Ice cream, chocolate mousse, 7 layer cake, cheese cake, and every pie you could think of. And it was all good!

The staff at this hotel are uniformly pleasant and helpful. There are printer stations in the lobby that you can use to print your boarding passes. Everything in the downtown is within easy walking distance. The shuttles run regularly. And the rate was only $89 per night for a double queen room!

Room Tip: Take a room away from the elevators to cut down on noise.
1  Thank skatetest
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here two nights on business. First nice surprise was the free shuttle from the airport, runs every 20 minutes to/from hotel. Clean, large room. Complementary wifi worked very well and didn't make me login every 3 hours, which can be a pain. Printer in lobby for my boarding pass. Nice breakfast spread. This hotel is downtown so it's a very easy walk to strip of restaurants and shops. I hadn't stayed at a holiday inn in a long time and my expectations were low. This place surprised me in the best ways, including friendly and attentive staff.

1  Thank citysuburb
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was there recently for an event which was held in the hotel. I was to recognize a young lays at the front desk who was very helpful. I can't remember her name but she had red hair and I believe she was the manager on duty. She got me checked in and recognized me as an IHG Rewards Member.
The only negative I have was the elevators were a bit slow, even during low use.
Would definitely stay again.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a function being held at the hotel. What I liked about the hotel was the central location to many things in Sioux Falls, the comfortable beds and the newness feel of the hotel despite its age. What I didn't like about the room was the front desks willingness to work with us. We received a room by the elevators and asked if we could be moved and the clerk said she wasn't sure because it would be a full hotel that night. Long pause. So I asked her to please check to see if there is a possibility of a room change. She came back on after 10 seconds and said no because the hotel was full. It was 1:30 in the afternoon and I am sure not all guests were checked in and we could have easily been moved. My son made a call to our cell phones and the charge was over $6.00. The only other complaint was the dust in the room. It was in dire need of a dusting (see photo) and the whole room was like the photo. I would stay here for the convenience of the hotel's location but would choose another hotel if going there for a shopping or sporting event.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank luvgoofy4064
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

While we met some of your expectations it seems clear we did accomodate all of your requests or expectations. Thank you for your feedback and please contact me directly when planning your next visit to Sioux Falls.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with our stay. Although it's obvious the hotel is older, they've done a great job and keeping it feeling fresh and clean. The beds were great. The staff was friendly. The downtown location was great. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple