“This is THE nastiest place I have ever stayed”
Review of Sioux Falls Inn

and 1 more site!
Sioux Falls Inn
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Calgary, Canada
“This is THE nastiest place I have ever stayed”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

This place was filthy dirty. I was scared to let my dog sleep on the floor of this place. We were on a road trip and our motor home broke down. Too bad for us there was some car show in town and all of the hotels were booked up. Our Taxi driver took us to this place. What a dump! Then we found out the owner of the Taxi company lives there. My boyfriend took a shower and the the tub was so clogged he almost overflowed it. The staff looked like they were from Texas Chainsaw masacre. I have never met so many rude people in my life!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
MN
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I stayed at this place for a week. Upon checking into my room the first thing I noticed was there was still trash on the floors,cans under the desk and bed, beer bottle tops under chairs and desk and old popcorn in between nightstand on floor. The toilet has not been cleaned properly there was dried feces all around the inside of the bowl. I asked for another room, the staff apologized and they were polite. The advertise an extended continental breakfast..it's a joke. The entire week I was there the only thing they had was cold cereal, 2 of the days they were out of milk, the only other beverage of any kind was coffee. No tea,juice,cold water nothing at all to drink except for terrible coffee that was constantly out or cold, and 1 very old waffle machine. I get this is red neck area, but not everyone in the country drinks coffee or eats a waffle you have to make yourself out of mix they put in a big pitcher and tell you to poor it yourself. One day there was one loaf of bread out on the counter, but no butter, just a few things of packaged jelly. They had a few things of packaged instant oatmeal, but no hot water, when I asked for hot water a very snobby, according to her tag an assistant manager sarcastically said there is hot water in the room out of the tap. The sink she was talking about was in the broom closet,not very clean and definitely not the way to cook or make instant packaged oatmeal. On my 5th day after not having any kind of breakfast at all my entire stay I mentioned to the night clerk who was setting things up how disappointing their supposed advertised new continental breakfast was and that all week there had been nothing, the reply wasi, " I'm sorry, I have been telling the manager for like over a week we are out of everything, and she just hasn't made a run to sams club. Think it is time to replace the manager, whomever they are is not doing there job in any area from making sure rooms are cleaned properly to making sure there is at least something to eat and drink if you advertise a continental breakfast. Very, Very disappointed, will not recommend or stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank poorhotel
las vegas
Reviewed June 18, 2008

The company we work for travel from city to city and sells cleaning stuff. We stayed at this hotel for too weeks. We had a good experience. The people that work at the hotel are nice and friendly. We will be back when we come back to Sious Falls.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Black Hills, South Dakota
Reviewed May 11, 2007

I recently was hired by a local company who is located nearby and was required to travel to Sioux Falls for orientation. Upon arrival at the hotel, the clerk on duty was very helpful and moved us into a smoking room and one that would allow us to have a better internet signal.
My wife accompanied me on this trip and she is self employed and owns her own Housekeeping business. If she cleaned the way the housekeeping staff in this hotel does, she would be out of business. The bathtub/shower was filthy and the floor was sticky as well as the bottom of the stool being gross.
The towels were mismatched and one was coming apart.
To top it off, when we crawled into bed, the sheets on both beds were clean, but obviously old, with pilling and the bed was very uncomfortable.
The next day, when housekeeping knocked on the door, her only concern was when we would be checking out. My wife told her that it would be either tomorrow or the next day, depending on how long the company would need me to stay. My wife asked her to bring clean towels and to clean the bathroom. Needless to say, we were not surprised that she never came back. When we went out for something to eat, we asked the person at the front desk to bring clean towels since housekeeping never brought any, and we were told that to get new towels, you have to put the used towels outside the door. All righty then.....I have requested that the company I am going to work for never puts me in this hotel again if I have to come back here for business. If this is the place they want me to stay in, I would prefer to pay for my own room in another hotel that is clean and where the staff cares about the people who are utilmately responsible for them recieving a paycheck.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank deaconBlackHills
Rochester, MN
Reviewed October 25, 2006

This hotel is very close to the airport in Sioux Falls. Our flight was cancelled, and we drove up from Minnesota. We drove down the street and found this hotel. The lady at the desk was very nice to us. She told us about the internet computer in the lobby that was free to use. We were able to check the airlines when our flight would leave next. The room was nice. I really liked the pillow. It was nice to have waffles for breakfast in the morning. Our flight left the next afternoon, but they let us check out late so we wouldn't have to wait at the airport.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bill1956
central New Jersey
Reviewed October 9, 2006

I can't believe the good reviews this place received. From the reviews I thought they must have made the place better than when the reviewer was there that rated it as the grossest. I agree with "Grossest place..." The lobby smelled like cigarettes and worse. I should have left running. The mattress was crummy, stains on bedspread and blanket, dirty carpet, dirty bathroom floor (hair), paper thin walls (had to listen to the couple next door for an hour at 2 a.m.). I turned on the shower in the morning, and the tub was draining so slow that it would have overflowed if I took a shower. We asked to move to another room to shower. I took a shower, and by the time I was done I was standing in four inches of water. There was mold and soap scum on the bottom of the shower curtain from an obvious ongoing problem with drainage. We went to get our free breakfast. The waffle maker was crusted with burnt waffle batter. There was a crockpot filled with sausage gravy that I wouldn't touch after everything else. I was too grossed out to eat anything. I wouldn't be surprised if the good reviews were written by the owner or friends of the owner. I cancelled my second night and got a refund for it. The woman at the desk was nice, but we didn't bother complaining about more than the tub and the noises. I just cut and ran. I felt I had to write a review, because the good reviews I read caused me one night of disgust. Now I'm afraid to ever stay in hotel for less than $80. The second night we went to the Residence Inn (for the 3rd time) and paid twice as much for a room and hotel that was 1,000 times better. It was worth every penny.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Tips/Secrets — Sioux Falls is a great city with many nice hotels. Go some where else. Residence Inn is great if it is in your budget.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KARtrip
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2006

Wow! I stayed at this hotel when it was an EconoLodge. I guess they changed the name and are remodeling the place. What a difference!!! The staff was great, the rooms were nice and clean, the breakfast is great and delicious.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business