Red Rock Inn
Sioux Falls CVB
$98
Hotels.com
Excellent 5/5
Super 8 Sioux Falls(Sioux Falls)(Great Value!)
$57
$118
$115
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2011

What a dump! We reserved a non-smoking room and were told all they had left were smoking rooms. The rooms stunk and my kids had to sleep in it all night. The floors were filthy, wallpaper peeling off of the walls, unable to set the alarm clock to the correct time and no high speed internet as advertised. The pool was still "closed for maintenance" What a scam. I've never stayed in such a terrible place and actually had to pay for this! Never again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Yamaguchi_11
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This was probably the worst hotel my wfe and I have stayed at in at least ten years. The parking lot still has huge craters as described in previous reviews from one or two years ago, with long scrape marks from cars bottomig out. The pool was still closed for "maintenance". Evidently the repair parts must have been on back order for last few years. The wall paper is still peeling in the rooms and the carpeting is still filthy and stinky. Our room had a huge red stain - wine?? -- blood maybe? There was no bath tub, just a small shower stall about as big as a phone booth. The bed was extremely uncomfortable with flat sheets instead of fitted sheets over the mattress that rolled up in a ball by morning. There was lots of traffic noise on the adjacent streets, sort of like a drag strip only with loud music. When we went for breakfast in the morning, there wasn't any waffle batter made and when we asked about it we were told that they didn't make any because they were all out of large styrofoam plates. I could dismiss some of these faults since it is a low cost stay, but when we travel all we want is a clean rom and a comfortable bed. Evidently this was too much to ask for at this Rodeway Inn. P.S. - we complained to Choice Hotels and will be getting our money refunded. I have learned my lesson and from now on I will read hotel reviews on Trip Adviser before booking. I also can't understand how anyone could give this dump a four star rating - I'd give it a big zero!

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go someplace else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank connlion
Reviewed November 21, 2010

The lady at the front desk was far from professional. The hotel stunk, the rooms were awful, the paper was pealing off the walls, the bathroom was gross. The carpet was so filthy that I would have never taken my shoes off. It had more stains on it that the carpet in our barn! I would have much rather slept in a barn. We tried to turn on the heat and had to shut it off as it stunk. There were wood chips under the pillows, which the front desk person told me was just from the head board!! HELLO!! We left and went to a different hotel. We felt like we were in the hilton instead of the slums. The place needs to be tore down!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank angie1988
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Sioux Falls recently and found it to be a very good value. It is about a "1 star" type of hotel that offers basic value. We wanted a clean room with comfortable beds and enough towels. We got all that and more. Everything in the room worked as it should. There was a TV, small fridge, microwave in the room. The A/C worked as advertised and it was a comfortable place to stay. There was a couple old stains in the carpet but other than that it was very clean and neat.
The common areas are nothing to write home about, but if you need a place to stay for the night it is a good choice. The pool was "closed for maintenance" and appeared it had been so for a while. There was plenty of ice available just down the hall and a couple of vending machines if you got an attack of the munchies." We would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed here during my wife's USF graduation weekend due to its cheap rates and great location. however, the pool was "shut down for maintenance (translation= broken-down)," the rooms were falling apart (peeling wallpaper and soiled carpets), and the mattresses were worn out. While a continental breakfast was offered, the customer service was non-existant (limited and impolite staff). i also left an iPod in a dresser and called back to inquire about it only to hear "It's probably stolen by now" later that evening. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family