“Excellent”

Days Inn Sioux Falls
Ranked #33 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
OAKDALE
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Days Inn. It was next to a Perkins and a block away from an IHOP two of my favorite places to eat. The room was clean and comfortable and the internet connection was easy as well as the way to plug in my computer. The staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't eat the breakfast because I like a more substantial breakfast with eggs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Nora D.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your recent stay with the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and also the location of the hotel. It is always nice to hear when we do a good job. I will be sure to pass along your comments to my housekeeping team that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the complimentary wireless internet as well.

I hope that you had a nice Thanksgiving. Thank you again for staying with the Days Inn Empire. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip through the Sioux Falls area.

Matt Brunick
Days Inn Empire
3401 Gateway Blvd.
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
605-361-9240
mbrunick@kinseth.com
South Dakota
Reviewed November 14, 2012

If you get a single queen room in this hotel, it should be about $50 and that is what I paid. If you pay any more, it is too much.

Good things:
The room was clean and comfortable.
Fridge and microwave in the room
Free wi-fi
Great location if you are visiting
Staff was friendly
Lots of places to eat nearby (Perkins is across the street).
Breakfast was good but very limited selection. They had a waffle machine.
Fitness room

Bad things:
Room was small, Bathroom was small
The "business center" was a single slow-as-molasses computer in a corner in the lobby
Tube TV's
Very few outlets in the room (we, like most people, drag too much electronic crap with us)
Halls reeked of air freshener
Annoying room safe charges

Like I said, at 50 bucks, you can't complain. I am sensitive to strong odors like perfume and chemicals and the air fresheners they installed in the halls were too much. I suspect they are there to cover up some kind of funk wafting through the place. The hotel does feel old and dated. Our safe was locked when we arrived so we couldn't use it even if we wanted to. I always request the charges be taken off my bill but I forgot this time. With all the other taxes and fees cities but on hotels these days, the safe charges just don't need to be there. I would recommend this place to other people but we probably won't stay there again. Usually when we stay at a hotel, we plan ahead and look for a nice, big room with a nice pool for the kids to play in and stuff. This time, we were exhausted and needed a place to stay and just kind of dropped in on the first place we found. If you are traveling or shopping and just need a cheap place to lay your head and grab some breakfast before you leave, this place is perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MattBrunick, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Sunshine81

Thank you for staying at the Days Inn Empire in Sioux Falls. I appreciate your feedback on the hotel and will be sure to pass along your comments to our ownership group. I hope to be able to update a good portion of our televisions next year with more the following year. I am sorry that the air freshener in the hallways was too much. I believe my maintenance man just changed out the pucks in the units and it is a little strong when he first does that. I am glad that you found your room clean and comfortable and enjoyed the microwave and refrigerator that we have in all of our rooms.

I am sorry about the safe charge but we do provide safes for our guests who would like to lock up valuable items and the charge covers up to $10,000 worth of belongings if the safe was broken into. If you would please contact me, I would be happy to remove the safe charge since you did not use the safe.

Matt Brunick