“Good place for a stop over”

Days Inn Sioux Falls Airport
Ranked #44 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed July 16, 2013

we were a group of 5 friends travelling on a budget. The room that we booked was meant for 4 people but the owner was so good as to accommodate a fifth and give us an extra bed. The beds, bathrooms and the area were very clean. We also got free breakfast in the morning which was good. The people were very friendly and accommodating and the room we stayed in was spacious enough for 5 people. A great experience. I'm glad on a budget, we found such a nice place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear HeemaRai,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. I was so happy that your group called ahead and that we were able to have your arrangements ready when you arrived.

We hope the rest of your trip continued to be pleasant and that you arrived back home safely. It’s a great experience for us to share our part of the country with those from other regions – especially those traveling to South Dakota for the first time. We love to hear their first impressions, and to be able to give them a helpful tip or two.

We hope that you will be able to visit the Sioux Falls area again in the future, and we would be proud to host your group again.

Lisa and the entire staff at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport
Montreal
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was one of the few we could book couple of days in advance. Looks like there were some motorcycles and corvettes gathering around and some other activities which made most hotels complete for the night we were in Sioux Falls.

Although this particular Days Inn did not appeal to us, there are some good things about it. It is close to I-90, climate control worked well in our room, bed was OK, fridge and microwave available and functional. Coffee making equipment is included, the internet worked well and there is a safe in the rooms. We did not try the free available breakfast.

Not so good: rooms are small and the bathrooms are very small. There was a lot of noise and banging around on doors during our one night stay. There is only a poor choice of restaurants around and Perkin's seems to be the only OK choice if you want something other than fast food.

The rate was correct for what we got but I do not think I will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RPwings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I’m glad that you found the climate control, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and internet working well and to your standards. I’m sorry about the noise and door banging while you were in your room. Although there are only a few restaurants in the immediate vicinity, there are a number of quality restaurants that deliver – especially nice if you are just worn out from traveling and don’t want to venture out.

I sincerely hope that we may be of service to you in the near future –

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

46 0102
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have never walked into a hotel lobby that smelled like someone was smoking in it. I asked right away about it & was told they do have nonsmoking rooms like I requested when I reserved the room. But my room smelled so bad like smoke. I was plugged up and had a headache the next day. The tub had problems draining. The continental breakfast is not like most Days Inn, it was bad, they were out off most fruit by 7:00am. There was a lady that worked there that monitored what you took. She was so rude. On 1 positive note, there was new carpet in the rooms. We will never stay here again! This is not like any other Days Inn I have stayed in. If your not a smoker I would say avoid this Motel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Chanda S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am sorry that there was a smoke smell while you were at the hotel. We have recently begun construction on an outdoor smoking area, away from the building. There are a number of guests that smoke but prefer a nonsmoking room. These guests go outside to smoke, quite often right outside the doors - which leads to nonsmoking guests walking though that area to get into the building.

Thank you for noticing the new carpet! New bedding is on order and we are awaiting its arrival.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write, and I truly do hope that you will give another try.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night of a cross country road trip. If I didn't book ahead if time, we wouldn't have stayed. It has a very terrible smell, like smoke, and dirty, musky, mold. There were gross people constantly smoking by the front door. Our room was very small with gross old bedding and sheets. Even though its close to the freeway, it's also next to a shady rundown casino. The lady working the front desk was very nice but we couldn't get out of there fast enough!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Alisha419,

We are excited to let you know that new bedding is on order and we are awaiting its arrival!