“budget price, great value” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Sioux Falls Airport
Days Inn Sioux Falls Airport
Ranked #44 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Calgary
“budget price, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had to overnight at the airport for a weather delay. This place was really economical, had a great room with microwave, internet, fridge and a great breakfast that started at 430am. I paid 50% more the night before at another location and it wasn't nearly as good as this place. Staff is great and the value is perfect for my short stay. They also gave me a van ride to and from the airport. A+ experience.

Room Tip: This is a solid building so being upstairs did not seem to echo downstairs. I would imagine both le...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Faulkton, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

we enjoy staying at the days inn in sioux falls when there on business, great value and easy access to everything we need. The rooms are always clean and the staff are great! It nice to be called by your name and not treated as a bother when you walk in..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Orange City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at the Days Inn in Sioux Falls. We had a nice room at a reasonable price, but the best thing is that they kept our car for us while we went on a ten day cruise at no extra charge. They were very accommmodating and provided a shuttle at 4:00 a.m. and a taxi when we got back. We were very pleased.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Morris, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport on a Tuesday night and I was flying out the next morning. The room was very clean and well-decorated and was good smelling. No musty odors or smoking smells that a lot of non-smoking rooms I have stayed in have. The hotel was quiet and the desk staff were all very friendly and knowledgable. Even with a lot of motorcyclists and semis it was still very quiet. Great hotel!! I will stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Eyota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had a nice stay for the night here. It was very clean and they were very accomodating and friendly. I used my reward points and got a free night. They start serving breakfast at 4 am and also have room service. Great locataion. Great stay. Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Mamasgirl40,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our continental breakfast. 4 am sounds very early, but the first hour that we are set up is usually one of our busiest hours in the breakfast room.

It is great to hear comments from loyal customers, such as yourself. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for your review.

Hope to see you soon!

Lisa and your friends at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way to Sturgis. The hotel is just okay. The hotel was almost fully booked on the Tuesday night that we stayed there; a combination of all ages of individuals and families. The room was clean, the sheets were clean. The bonus was the refrigerator in the room. The furnishings are dated, and there are stains on the carpeting in the hallways. I agree with other reviewers that the smell of smoke was throughout the hotel; our room did not smell like smoke, but the hallways and common areas did. The staff person who checking us in was very nice and helpful. The air conditioner in our room had a very "musty" smell and I am allergic to mold, so we were given another room (smaller - traded down for better air quality).

I would consider staying at this hotel again if I needed a room for one night and the rate was really low. Otherwise, there are many better choices in this city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Minneapolis_MNlegs,

As general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I am so sorry to hear that the hallway carpet was stained while you were here. We try very hard to keep the stains cleaned on a daily basis. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you're passing through. Please let me know if there's anythng else we can do to make your next say with us feel more like home.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager
Jackson, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I rarely write bad reviews or even complain. I cannot help this one. It is all true. When we arrived, late, and tired, we were hoping for a only a clean comfortable room for sleeping so we could get back on the road early in the AM.

Our first impression after checking in was all the debris, trash, empty beer bottles outside the rear entrance door. Beer and soda bottles were stacked in a pile. The grounds obviously had not been cleaned in a while. When we entered the "non smoking" area of rooms, the immediate stench of stale smoke was overwhelming. I am a former smoker and not a prude about smoke, and the stale smoke smell even bothered me. My wife is a cancer patient and it made her nauseated.

The 'non smoking' room inside, was only a little better but because it was late we decided to put up with it. . When it was time for our grandson to pull back his covers, and go to bed, there were several 'flea like' appearing insects crawling across his bed. Not bedbugs, but insects non the less. There were not one or two, but several.

It was midnight and we were tired not about to go out in search of a different hotel. The manager gave us a different room and helped us move or bags. The next room was a step up actually. The smoke smell was less and it seemed to have been recently re-done.

In the morning, when I checked out after complaining about everything, they did not charge me for the room.

I am grateful for that but will never go back. I am going to call our AAA agent who booked the room and tell her about it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Bill B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. Also, thank you for noticing that we have recently re-done some of the rooms.

I am so sorry that there was debris near the back entrance. We are looking into removing all of the tables and chairs, so that other guests will not leave a mess in that area. The grounds and entrances are cleaned at least twice every day.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager