“great value”

Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed August 3, 2009

The indoor waterpark makes this a great value for those who enjoy a little more than a plain 25x50 ft pool. This was our 7 year old's favorite hotel out of our 2 -week road trip. One large waterslide into a large pool with medium to low depths and one shallow depth pool with climbing rope/obstacle course, several kiddie slides, and spraying fountains. Nice open poolside area with lots of chairs. Our room was also poolside with a sliding door into the open area, super convenient for calling back the kids when the pizza arrives. We ordered out after finding the hotel restaurant's kitchen understaffed with over 45 minutes' wait for food. We were surprised to see that management made no offer to give complimentary appetizers while waiting or give coupons for free breakfasts the next morning. For the $89 rate, we'd definitely stay again if ever in the area!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Grunie, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2009

Thank you so much for the comments about your experience. I hope you signed your child up for our Kids Club...even if your trips to visit are rare your children will love getting their newsletter and treats in the mail! This summer we also implement kids 10 and under eat for .99 with a paying adult, breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's our way of saying 'thank you' for selecting us, and we appreciate your business!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2009

I originally booked a hotel with a water slide in nearby Brandon. I was quoted a price of nearly $150 for a Thursday night stay. The BW Ramkoto was just under $100 booked on the internet and pre-paid (for a summer Thursday night). The rooms are great (tons of pillows, roomy, and clean) and the pool area is perfect for anybody with kids 14 or under. They have good pictures of the pool area on the internet. The water does not exceed 3 1/2 feet for little kids. There is also the original outside pool which is nice and quiet for older teens or adults. They do have a real restaurant (no breakfast included, but kids eat for 99 cents!) This place is a steal for the price...I can't imagine finding such a great pool area for under $100 anywhere!

1  Thank IowaSue

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your experience.

We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2009

This is an older hotel in need of some updating. The waterpark facility is a bit worn, but our kids still had a lot of fun. My only safety concern is that the lifeguard at the top of the waterslide was not paying attention to how quickly the kids were entering the slide. In fact, I don't think I ever saw her look down. A few "almost collisions" occured at the bottom because kids were coming down too quickly. My advice, watch your kids. Also, the hotel was storing old microwaves, refrigerators, and cots in the hallway on the way to the pool area. Very unsightly. But, we paid $80.00 for our double queen room, so for the price, I have no complaints. We did enjoy the carry out pizza that is available from the hotel restaurant. Our 10 and 12 year old boys said that it "was the best pizza they ever had!"

Reviewed June 21, 2009

We needed a stop on our way to the Black Hills and rooms in Sioux Falls were slim. We ended up at the Ramkota and it worked out great. The rooms were simple. The pool was great for the kids and was the highlight of the hotel. We ordered room service and the food was as good as anything you would find at the local chain resturants. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments; hearing directly from our guests is the best way to measure our performance.

Peak times are really hard on the pool area but it is taken down twice a year and repainted and any concern addressed. This next year we plan to completely refresh the area as well. Finding time to take it down without disappointing guests is a tough obstacle.

We do not provide life guards, but rather 'Splash Staff' to help monitor safety. Please always feel free to call the manager on duty on the house phone, this lack of attention would be addressed immediately.

I do hope we will see you again.

Reviewed April 3, 2009

it was awesome. The water park was excellent and the kids loved it. There was a security person, which made me a little bit more comfortable to let my kids run around! It is alot to play on for them but its in an area where you can keep an eye on everyone. Our room was also very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and the pizza we got from room service was really good! The only thing I didnt like, is that there were adults at the water park. Some of them were drinking, and some of them had obviously been drinking for a while. They were abnoxious and I wish with it being a family oriented place, that they wouldnt allow drinking in the kids areas! A bit pricy but worth it!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ckckkcpropst

Thank you so much for the comments about your experience at the BW Ramkota Hotel.

We're really grateful for your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 21, 2008

In the first room I woke up scratching in the middle of the night - only to find myself surrounded by fleas..... The front desk people hardly seemed to care, but eventually moved me to a new room. There I was greeted by the smell of mouldy (blue?) cheese, soon traced to a very poorly maintained fridge. When I told housekeeping supervisor about this, the person actually rolled her eyes and reluctantly said she'd deal with it (sorry for asking). Food was mediocre at best. You should be able to do (a lot) better when visiting this town.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Grunie, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2009

Dear Valued Guest:

First and foremost, I apologize for your experience, it's certainly not our standard. We do have a monthly service agreement with a reputable vendor for pest control, and received reports with no documentation of such.

I also apologize for the lack of attention to detail in checking the fridge. We always hope if there is an issues with a service or product that our guests make us aware immediately so it can be solved in a timely manner.

You should have also received a welcome call greeting you, thanking your for your business and double checking to see if your accomodations were satisfactory.

It is our genuine goal to exceed your expectations from the minute you enter the hotel.

Again, I do apologize we did not accomplish this for you and your family. I would encourage you to give us another opportunity so that we may turn this negative into a positive.

Respectfully,

Reviewed September 30, 2008

This is a fair motel. My biggest complaint is the cleaniness of the rooms. I don't like food around the bed and it looked like it hadn't been vacummed around the bedstand and corners for awhile. The pool area needs some help also. And it didn't have elevators a long walk to lobby.

We did eat breakfast there once and it was fine.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
RamkotaSF, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2008

Thank you very much for the comments on your stay; hearing directly from our guests just makes us better. I do apologize for the uncleanliness of your room and believe it not to be the norm. I wish we would have had the opportunity to meet during your visit so we could properly address.

We have implemented new policies that I beleive have had a positive impact on our guests and performance should an incident arise. Every guest is greeted with a welcome call by a desk associate shortly after you check-in; this is a good opportunity to see if everything meets your expectations and anything of concern can be addressed immediately.
As for the pool, it is a heavliy used area of pure fun! It is difficult to find time to close for repairs and painting, it has to dry a full seven days, which we do once a year, infact coming up next month.
It is our entire teams goal to be the best we can be and to provide Superior Customer Care ~ again thank you for sharing your experience. I do hope we see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sioux Falls
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sioux Falls - Brandon
Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls
Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls
#30 of 54 in Sioux Falls

Been to Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!