“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sacramento, California
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The staff was courteous and helpful.. We had difficulty opening the door to our room and the night manager helped us out. Room was quiet, bed was comfortable. The furnishings were okay. The only negative thing was the lack of breakfast. There was complimentary fruit and coffee in the morning but you had to purchase the breakfast buffet. For the price we paid it would have been nice to be included but was not a deal breaker.. Over all we had a good experience and we would stay here again. Thanks Best Western!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank CARThompson
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for the comments, we appreciate it very much.

I do hope we see you again!

Our Best,

Jan and Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I booked on Priceline and was told by staff because I did that I got a room with a Murphy bed. It was like sleeping on a rollaway bed or a sleeper sofa! I could feel all the bars in the bed. But too bad cause you booked it thru priceline!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ohbabyboutique
Thank you for sharing your experience, however we do not have any Murphy Beds in this hotel. Perhaps you were in a two room suite with a pull out couch, but none the less, I apologize it was an unpleasant experience.

Priceline and other online booking channels are partners with hotels, we sign up to participate or miss opportunities. We surely do not penalize our guests for their method of booking.

I hope you get a chance to visit us again so we can turn this negative into a positive, I am sure we can!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

So, the hubby is a ceo cattle guy and his idea of a vacation is to show cattle and drag his 5 star wife along. I was dreading my week in Sioux Falls, SD expecting to stay at a 2 star hotel for the week. Life on the ranch, but wait!!! The hotel has suites! It has two pools! It has a free shuttle and a very nice front desk staff - ok, I'm happy again! I cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay. I'm the Four Seasons, Amangani, Ritz-Carlton hotel chick who has found an oasis in Souix Falls, SD. Yes, hell has frozen over my friends. The rooms are well appointed, our suite is beyond comfortable and the free shuttle (and driver Ryan) are worth booking. This is a great place for kids, expecially when the hospitality suite (and free bar) overlook the pool where the kids can stay safely at arms (and ears) length. Thanks Best Western, you have raised your profile in my eyes. Oh, one more thing - it is very very pet friendly. Even the cowdog has slept well this week :)

Room Tip: Ask for a suite (especially if you are staying more than two nights). I love my family, but 7 days i...
2 Thank FoodRateHer
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
You should be an author! Thank you for the detailed experience riddled with humor, at least to me. SO glad you enjoyed the property and your week here was not torture! Ryan will be so happy you mentioned his name and that he had a positive impact on your stay as well!

I hope we see you all again.

Sioux Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The room was newly renovated, the temperature was perfectly set on arrival and the quality of the internet and satellite TV was great. We had a golden retriever who was free because we're Platinum card holders. Chef Joe runs a good kitchen and the food was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the comments, we are so glad your entire family, pooch and all, enjoyed your stay!

Hope to see you again!

Our Best,

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The pool here is great. Big waterside for older kids and another side for younger kids which is great. The problems that we had with the rest of the hotel though far outweigh the nice pool. We had trouble with our room key not working 3 times during our one night stay. One time I can excuse, but 3 times?!! The front desk staff was not even apologetic at all. In fact, one front desk staff even said "well, someone must be in the room and put the deadbolt on." Well, no one was in the room because we were all locked out of it! The next morning when we checked out, the grounds crew watered the rocks (why?) outside and made the whole entryway wet without signage indicating this so of course I wiped out and scraped up my foot. Plus, having to pay for a mediocre breakfast didn't impress me. We will not stay here again.

1 Thank Elizabeth M
Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize we didn't meet either one of our expectations! Sounds like the mechanisms in your locked needed to be changed out; I am sorry that was not done in a timely manner. I also apologize for the wet area, our sprinklers are on timers and likely a head got moved the wrong way from mowers. If you hurt yourself please give me a call so I can document for our insurance company and represent you well. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your breakfast also, this is usually a strength for us. I will share your comments with staff, and again, I apologize on all our behalf.

I do hope should you be in our area again that you'd give us another opportunity to turn this negative into a positive, I am sure we could.

Respectfully,

Avon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Traveling back to IL from Yellowstone/Mt Rushmore and couldn't find a room anywhere using TripAdvisor. I ended up calling the 800# for Best Western and was able to get a room at a discounted rate. Many hotels in Mitchell and Sioux Falls SD were sold out so was lucky to get one and that it was decent. Bonus was the indoor water park for our boys ages 5 & 7.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

So glad we could be your Oasis of fun! I hope you enjoyed your time in our beautiful State and you'll be back again!

Hull, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed here overnight to avoid the area flooding to make sure we could catch an early flight. Was pleasantly surprised they would let me park the car in their lot and avoid parking fees at airport. So far, it was great. The down side came when we returned and waited from 9 pm to 9:45 pm for their shuttle driver to come pick us up. A group of us called the front desk 5 times and each time we were told the driver was on his way. Maybe just this one driver was tacky, but this was really irritating after what could have been a pretty good rating.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, and glad we were able to help during a stressful time. I do apologize for your having to wait for the bellmen. Most often, especially during busy times they are off property taking guests to the mall or dining and it takes awhile to get across town. We can often send another employee with a second van, I am sorry we didn't realize and do that for your group.

I do hope you'll be back so we can turn this negative into a positive!