“Top Notch Accomodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Raton, United States
“Top Notch Accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is incredible. Not only are the room immaculate, and well decorated, but the beds are comfortable and the complimentary breakfast is the best I've ever had in a hotel. The pool is warm as well. The location is great and the recent remodel is amazing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank John B
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments; we work so hard to meet our guests needs and it's so rewarding when we know we've done our job! We hope to see you again soon!

Our best,

Jan and Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband had a business meeting at the ramkota so I decided to take the kids over to swim at the pool. The pool was great, it's nice to have a pool that you can actually swim in without freezing. Our 4 year old was especially in love with all the activities in the pool area.The hotel rooms were clean- there were a few issues in the rooms. You can tell they have had a few problems and some quick fixes. Our room had a hole in the wall where the door must have been slammed into it- the hole was patched but very poorly. The bathroom had a few quick fixes that were visable as well. We didn't actually have to pay for the room personally since it was payed for by my husbands work. However I know they were charged 92 dollars- which is way more that we would every pay for a hotel room- but I think it would be worth it based on the warm pool area alone if traveling with little kids.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments;I am so glad you and your family enjoyed the pool!

I do room inspections often and will look for the room you are referencing so we can get those issues addressed properly.

I hope we see you again!

Regards,

Jan
Spirit Lake, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had the opportunity to spend a couple days away from home this week. We were invited to a food show that was being hosted at the Ramkota, so to make things simple, we booked a room there as well. The front desk staff was VERY friendly. Someone called and asked if our room was to our liking within 10 min of checking in. The girl who checked us in was very thorough when explaining where our room was which I appreciated. She also helped out with some late night food options.
However, when booking the room, my boyfriend was told we had some options, one of which being a "Poolside Room". Knowing about the great pool the Ramkota has (we unfortunately ran out of time and didn't even see the pool), he went with that option. Once we got to the room we were very confused about where the pool was, and we certainly were not "Poolside". We had a door on both sides of our room, one went to the hall and one went outside. I looked out the window and it appeared to be a courtyard of some sort, but I couldn't tell because it was snow covered. I tried to open the door but it was stuck, I had to jiggle the handle and push as hard as I could, after messing with the locks several times to get out. Once I was out there I took a closer look at what I assumed was a courtyard. Lo and behold, the outdoor pool. We were quite frustrated that "Poolside" was referring to the frozen hole outside our window. We wondered why we were even given that option in South Dakota at the end of January. When I came back inside, I couldn't get the door to close right again. I had to jam it shut with the privacy latch as the lock would not hold the door closed. I did not feel safe at all.
The next morning we were due to check out, at 11. We had received an express checkout receipt under our door, which would be nice if we were leaving right away, but like I said, this was our vacation. We wanted to request a late check out if at all possible. We decided against that at about 9:45am when the housekeeper was trying to get in our room for the third time that morning. So much for sleeping in on our vacation.
The great staff at the front desk was about the only savior to our otherwise disappointing stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, and positive comments on the front desk associates. I really apologize for the poolside room error. If you give me a call I will happily adjust your rate to non-poolside. I hope you enjoyed the Food Show.

I do hope I hear from you,

Respectfully,

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have stayed here several times. The location is easy to find and the price is very competitive. The wi-fi works well and there is plenty of parking. The one site dining is fair and the hotel offers plenty of pools and other activities for kids. The rooms have been nice and most of the times I have stayed the rooms are clean. Nice work out room.

Room Tip: I have found second floor is more quiet and they usually stick me away from the swimming pools, whic...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments; we appreciate hearing from our guests very much.

I hope we see you again!

Happy New Year!

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Older physical property in great need of renovation. Faucets leaking, phone not working, toilet running, bathroom fan noise, key pad lock not working at time of check in...had to stand in cold hallway and wait while maintenance changed out the entire door latch/lock mechanism.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave S
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments; I am very sorry we didn't meet either one of our standards. I would be thrilled if you would give me a call so we can make this right. We are constantly working on our product, and your experience is not the norm. I do hope you will give another opportunity to turn this negative into a positive.

We always have a manager on duty and want to hear from our guests so any issue can be addressed right away ensuring a great experience.

I hope I hear from you!

Myrtle Beach, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a large group of us and 9 of the kids ended up with a rash. One of our group works at a place with a pool and has seen outbreaks like this before when the Ph levels aren't right in the pool. We went to the front desk to report the problem and were told we were the 4th group to report such problems. The hotel did NOTHING except deny anything was wrong. They blamed it on our kids rubbing on the bottom of the pool! I work in customer service and I have never been so appalled. Our group will never go back and neither should you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BigTuan
Thank you for your comments; I am very sorry your group got a rash. Our pool chemicals are all automated really helping us manage the water safely. On a rare occasion there will be an issue and I assure you it is addressed immediately. Our pool pump rooms are behind the scenes; not 'seeing' anyone does not mean it wasn't being addressed. IF there is ever an issue where safety is an issue the pool(s) are shut down.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to turn this negative into a positive on a return visit.

Respectfully,

Sioux Falls, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Took the poolside room. It was exteremely noisy. Absolutely no sound insulation at all. The pool is a mini theme park, and is open till 11 PM, so imagine the noise! Also, they do not offer complimentary breakfast or anything, so that's a bummer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments; the pool area is an attraction to be sure and full of kids and families having fun, it does get noisy. It usually quiets down right away after it closes though.

We are a full service hotel so I apologize you were disappointed there was not a complimentary breakfast available. We've worked hard to keep our menu prices very affordable, and coffee is on us in the morning! As well, we have complimentary coffee and whole fresh fruit in the lobby.

We have numerous room choices should you return, and can keep you away from the pool.