“Run down”

Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Older physical property in great need of renovation. Faucets leaking, phone not working, toilet running, bathroom fan noise, key pad lock not working at time of check in...had to stand in cold hallway and wait while maintenance changed out the entire door latch/lock mechanism.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave S
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your comments; I am very sorry we didn't meet either one of our standards. I would be thrilled if you would give me a call so we can make this right. We are constantly working on our product, and your experience is not the norm. I do hope you will give another opportunity to turn this negative into a positive.

We always have a manager on duty and want to hear from our guests so any issue can be addressed right away ensuring a great experience.

I hope I hear from you!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a large group of us and 9 of the kids ended up with a rash. One of our group works at a place with a pool and has seen outbreaks like this before when the Ph levels aren't right in the pool. We went to the front desk to report the problem and were told we were the 4th group to report such problems. The hotel did NOTHING except deny anything was wrong. They blamed it on our kids rubbing on the bottom of the pool! I work in customer service and I have never been so appalled. Our group will never go back and neither should you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BigTuan

Thank you for your comments; I am very sorry your group got a rash. Our pool chemicals are all automated really helping us manage the water safely. On a rare occasion there will be an issue and I assure you it is addressed immediately. Our pool pump rooms are behind the scenes; not 'seeing' anyone does not mean it wasn't being addressed. IF there is ever an issue where safety is an issue the pool(s) are shut down.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to turn this negative into a positive on a return visit.

Respectfully,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Took the poolside room. It was exteremely noisy. Absolutely no sound insulation at all. The pool is a mini theme park, and is open till 11 PM, so imagine the noise! Also, they do not offer complimentary breakfast or anything, so that's a bummer.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments; the pool area is an attraction to be sure and full of kids and families having fun, it does get noisy. It usually quiets down right away after it closes though.

We are a full service hotel so I apologize you were disappointed there was not a complimentary breakfast available. We've worked hard to keep our menu prices very affordable, and coffee is on us in the morning! As well, we have complimentary coffee and whole fresh fruit in the lobby.

We have numerous room choices should you return, and can keep you away from the pool.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

No additional pet fee and our room had a door directly to the outside making it a breeze to let our dogs out to go to the bathroom. Very thoughtful from the manager/ownership to have this for pet rooms and would definitely stay there again because of this.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your comments, and so glad you all enjoyed your stay. Soon the weather will be better, just 2 short blocks from us is a wonderful bike path for great safe walking. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Terrific facility!! It's Large but laid out in such a way that it's not overwhelming- very easy to find where you are going. Terrific, friendly staff. Beds were super comfy - I slept well both nights.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your nice comments; we're so glad you were able to do your business and relax and enjoy your stay as well. Perfect!

Hope to see you again soon-

Happy New Year!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I will NEVER stay here again. I had booked my room online (a 2-room suite with 3 beds). When we arrived, my husband checked in and we went to the room, only to find that we were in the wrong suite (we were given a 2 room suite with 1 bed and 1 couch). I went to the front desk to explain the situation and to show her my confirmation email and she said that our reservation had been changed that morning and there was nothing that she could do. I received no notification, even though my phone number and email were both on the reservation. First she told me that the room was overbooked so we were moved, and then she told me that it was closed for maintenance. I wonder which one was true? I was persistent that they move us to the correct room since I had a confirmation and I needed 3 beds for my family. I was told that there were air mattresses available. To me, that is NOT the same thing as sleeping in a bed. I expressed my frustration and disgust about not being notified about the change in our reservation and she offered me breakfast coupons to "make me feel better." Since they were "full" we had no other options. (But, even though they were "full", a gentleman in front of me was able to book a room...)

The room was dirty and cold. The loud heater couldn't keep up with the drafty windows. I had to bundle up my baby to put her to sleep because the room was so cold and the only place to put her pack & play was in front of the drafty window. The room door had about a 1-inch gap on the top and bottom of the door so I had to put a towel down to block out (some of) the noise. I could hear every door slam and person walking down the hall. The carpet was so dirty that I didn't want my toddler to walk on it. The bathroom floor was gross and obviously hadn't been scrubbed because there was hair all over when we checked in. The TV remote didn't work. The bathroom was small. The bathroom sink has more water pressure than the shower does.

The only good part about our stay was the food in the restaurant. The breakfast buffet is great and the coffee is very good.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
1  Thank Jami H

Thank you for reaching out to us again in reference to your experience. As noted we regret very much that a maintenance issue negated us from selling you your requested room type. We genuinely thought the call back to make sure you were comfortable and adjusting your room and tax 30 minutes into your stay was to your satisfaction.

I really hope we'll have an opportunity in the future to turn this negative experience into a positive one.

Respectfully,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have stayed here many times. this is a nice hotel with great amenities. close to the airport. nice waterpark for the kids. the rooms are nice, but are older. good parking and fantastic restaurant/lounge.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jan G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you so much for the nice comments; it's true we are an older hotel but so proud our ownership believes in reinvesting in their product so we can sell with pride. We do nice improvements every year! Thank you so much for your loyalty - we appreciate it so much!

Happy New Year!